ORA-01017 error when connecting to Oracle database!

The error states “Invalid connection string format, a valid format is: "host:port:sid"

First, establish whether this is an Oracle problem or Yellowfin by trying to connect to your Oracle DB with a db tool such as DBVisualiser or SQuirreL.

By the way, I once had a similar problem with creating a JDBC connection to Oracle (also had the same issue using DBVisualiser as well as Yellowfin) and managed to finally resolve it by using the connection string format that uses the service rather than the SID, for example:

jdbc:oracle:thin:@//myhost:1521/myservicename

I did some searching on the Oracle error message and found this web page which has quite a few different things to check, so if the above suggestions don't help then perhaps try working through the check list in that web page.

After installing DBVisualiser, this application works by using connection type TNS. I had to add a variable TNS_ADMIN on the server. After this I have restarted the Yellowfin services, then I recreated the Oracle connection in Yellowfin.

Using the database Oracle and connection Method JDBC no working connection could be made, still the same error java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied , I do have additional options like Schema and Isolation Level .

Switch to the Generic JDBC Data Source as the database, the connect string is now like this: jdbc:oracle:thin:@//ipadress:portnumber/service_name .

This results in a working connection! Maybe the cause of the error using Oracle as the Database might be the way the tnsnames is defined.

Is this article helpful?
0 0 0