Installing Yellowfin in WebLogic
This article presumes you have a running WebLogic server and covers deploying Yellowfin 7.3 into a WebLogic 12c instance.
- Obtain a copy of the Yellowfin-OAS installation (in the form of a .jar for Linux or an .exe for Windows) from support.
- Install Yellowfin as you would on any normal environment. (Starting Yellowfin at this point is not required)
- Browse to your Yellowfin installation and locate your yellowfin.war file in the root (top folder) of the installation.
- Note: If you are running WebLogic 12c it will be necessary to remove the following files from the war file:
This can be done with your favorite archive manager. If you're running a headless server it can be done by issuing the following command (Linux):
sudo zip -d yellowfin.war WEB-INF/lib/taglibs-standard-impl-1.2.5.jar
sudo zip -d yellowfin.war WEB-INF/lib/taglibs-standard-jstlel-1.2.5.jar
- Log in to your WebLogic Administration Console.
- In the Domain Structure pane on the left-hand side, click Deployments to bring up the Deployments panel.
- Click Install.
- From here you can either upload your .WAR file or enter the file path in the path box. In my case /opt/Yellowfin/yellowfin.war.
- The next step should default to Install this deployment as an application. Click Next.
- Check all servers you'd like to install Yellowfin on. Click Next.
- Make any adjustments required on your Optional Settings screen.
- Click Finish.
- You should see Yellowfin now listed as a Deloyment with the State of Active and Health of OK.
- Yellowfin should now be accessible on <serverIP>:<WebLogicPort>/yellowfin. Note that /yellowfin may differ depending on your naming convention entered in the Optional Settings screen.