If you have ever tried to install Yellowfin into a fresh MySQL server hosted on AWS (particularly RDS) you may have run into the following error:
Yellowfin requires the ability to create sequences in its configuration database. Unfortunately this requires SUPER privileges which are not enabled by default in AWS. In order to allow the installer to create these sequences we need to create a DB parameter group with the parameter 'log_bin_trust_function_creators' set to 1
- Create a DB parameter group.
- Modify the DB parameter group as follows: log_bin_trust_function_creators=1
- Choose Save Changes.
Note: After you create or modify a DB parameter group, wait at least five minutes before creating your first DB instance that uses that DB parameter group.
- From the navigation pane, choose Databases.
- Choose the instance that you want to associate with the DB parameter group.
- Choose Actions and choose Modify.
- Select the parameter group that you want to associate with the DB instance.
- You may need to reboot the database for the configuration to take effect.