The need for this came about because a Sybase database didn't allow columns over 600 bytes and there is a Yellowfin composite index (xpkReportFieldParam) that is 604 bytes (and the reason the Sybase db had the restriction is because the clients didn't follow the Sybase recommendation of having their Page Size = 4k, they had set it to only 2k)
1) extract the jar file to folder yellowfin-20160331-full.
2) navigate to yellowfin-20160331-full\com\hof\dataload and edit the file yellowfinschema.xml
3) find the index element for xpkReportFieldParam and delete everything between <index></index> and save the file
4) open a command prompt and navigate to the folder yellowfin-20160331-full
5) make sure you have the full jdk installed (jre doesn't have the jar program)
6) then re-create the jar file by entering the following command:
"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_40\bin\jar" cvmf META-INF/MANIFEST.MF yellowfin-20160331-full.jar *