aggregation setting in chart is reset on edit and on export / import

JeRoen shared this problem 4 months ago
Defect Logged

Hello,

Working with 8.0.1 (current code version : 20190320) I find that the aggregation level of metrics in a chart are reset after I edit a field or when I am exporting and importing reports!


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

Above is my initial chart. See for Imatinib there is benchmark value of 51. This is for 2 hospitals only so the total number is 102 but as I set the aggregation in the chart to average it shows 51.


When I edit the report and go to chart without even actually editing something it shows like this ...

/nGwznCrwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

So the aggregation on the 'count gift' field is lost only when editing it. I can manually set it to the aggregation average again but it should remember this.


The same problem accurs when I export the correct version of the report. On importing it on a different server (production for instance) the same change occured.


This is extremely disconcerning !!


The issue is accuring when in the Data tab I do a count of a count distinct on a field (not a metric) patient code to count (distinct) all patients. I get a total patients for each hospital but in the chart I want to present the benchmark which is the average number of patients in a hospital compared with the number of patient is the current hospital.


Can you apply a fix for this or let me know if this might already be fixed in 8.0.2.

Regards,

Jeroen

Comments (3)

photo
1

Hi JeRoen,

Thanks for reaching out to support with your issue.

I believe I was able to replicate this behavior in Ski Team -

1. Created a Report - included Athlete ID - Count

208b4954073ebae9727eaa022b976f852. Created a horizontal Bar Chart - Athlete Count - Aggregation - Average

8b20fa40d50dd001fa64c6abfcc18ac7

Published & Edited Report-

-Observed Aggregation Type was Default Aggregate Total as opposed to Average:


eb19353437ed2e29e2fb98659d28ecf1


Would this be what you are experiencing in your situation as well?

Thanks,


Eric

photo
1

Hello Eric,

Thanks for looking into this. The behaviour as you described is exactly as I see it. And also the same issue is there when I export the correct report to another server (moving to production server).

In our case it is not yet in production but it is a dashboard with 5 tabs with each tab having between 2 and 6 charts. I have to manually change them after an import.

Regards,

JeRoen

photo
1

Hi JeRoen,

Thanks for confirming that for me. I have gone ahead and created a developer task to address this issue. I have attached this ticket to the task. Updates to the task will be provided here as they are available. I will in turn mark this as Defect Logged for now; feel welcome ot reply here with further related inquiries.

Thanks,

Eric