aggregation setting in chart is reset on edit and on export / import

Guest shared this problem 4 years ago
Defect Fixed

Hello,

Working with 8.0.1 (current code version : 20190320) I find that the aggregation level of metrics in a chart are reset after I edit a field or when I am exporting and importing reports!

/397e5841bdd258c665d1b4253ff85f02

Above is my initial chart. See for Imatinib there is benchmark value of 51. This is for 2 hospitals only so the total number is 102 but as I set the aggregation in the chart to average it shows 51.

When I edit the report and go to chart without even actually editing something it shows like this ...

/a75bf1a1a46940a00ff186f30e63ebc1

So the aggregation on the 'count gift' field is lost only when editing it. I can manually set it to the aggregation average again but it should remember this.

The same problem accurs when I export the correct version of the report. On importing it on a different server (production for instance) the same change occured.

This is extremely disconcerning !!

The issue is accuring when in the Data tab I do a count of a count distinct on a field (not a metric) patient code to count (distinct) all patients. I get a total patients for each hospital but in the chart I want to present the benchmark which is the average number of patients in a hospital compared with the number of patient is the current hospital.

Can you apply a fix for this or let me know if this might already be fixed in 8.0.2.

Regards,

Jeroen

Replies (17)

photo

Hi JeRoen,

Thanks for reaching out to support with your issue.

I believe I was able to replicate this behavior in Ski Team -

1. Created a Report - included Athlete ID - Count

208b4954073ebae9727eaa022b976f852. Created a horizontal Bar Chart - Athlete Count - Aggregation - Average

8b20fa40d50dd001fa64c6abfcc18ac7

Published & Edited Report-

-Observed Aggregation Type was Default Aggregate Total as opposed to Average:

eb19353437ed2e29e2fb98659d28ecf1

Would this be what you are experiencing in your situation as well?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hello Eric,

Thanks for looking into this. The behaviour as you described is exactly as I see it. And also the same issue is there when I export the correct report to another server (moving to production server).

In our case it is not yet in production but it is a dashboard with 5 tabs with each tab having between 2 and 6 charts. I have to manually change them after an import.

Regards,

JeRoen

photo

Hi JeRoen,

Thanks for confirming that for me. I have gone ahead and created a developer task to address this issue. I have attached this ticket to the task. Updates to the task will be provided here as they are available. I will in turn mark this as Defect Logged for now; feel welcome ot reply here with further related inquiries.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hello,

Any change on this getting fixed?

We have a lot of reports linked to dashboards and have an development, test, accept, production workflow with export and imports between each fase. It is every time al lot of work to fix this and kind of annoying :-).

Regards,

JeRoen

photo

Hi JeRoen,

Thanks for reaching out. I've gone ahead and raised the priority of this task, and included the use case statement you provided. Will keep you updated here.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Jeroen,

Can I ask which version you are currently running? It would appear that this has been resolved in 9.1 and 8.0.5.

Kind regards

Richard Convery

photo

Hello Richard,

How are you? Busy with doing some support work ;-)

We are on 8.0.5 (the last 8 version) and I just tested it again doing an export and import (on the same server) and replacing the old version of the report with the new one. The aggregation as defined beforehand is still being reset to default aggregate and I have to manually change all reports with this issue after every export/import.

Regards,

JeRoen

photo

Hi JeRoen,

Thanks for the update, could you do me a favor and check to confirm the aggregation is "sticking" as expected after publishing at this time? I can do an import/export test in new versions on my end, to confirm whether I can replicate.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi JeRoen,

Just wanted to check in to see if you were still experiencing this?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi JeRoen,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this ticket as Resolved due to inactivity at this time. Feel welcome to re-open with a reply if you'd like to re-visit this sometime in the future.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hello Eric,

I will answer, because JeRoen is on holiday now. This problem still exists! When exporting and then importing to another environment, you have to reset all the reports where the aggregation in the graph differs from the aggregation in the graph.

So please re-open this issue.

Thanks,

Esther

photo

Hi Esther,

Thanks for the update here. The dev task I created for this issue was not resolved outright, but I am no longer able to replicate in a 9.2 or 8.0.5 environment - aggregation is "sticking" to average after publishing and editing again-

64037714277cec6759e59698040f2aca

So something else may be happening here, and it could well be part of the import / export process that is happening, as opposed to the "fixed" issue I initially reported. Coincidentally I see a potentially related task in our system -

When the client exports a Time Series Report and Chart with specific formatting details, it is exported correctly (it seems), however, the import process misses some key aspects of the Report and it is not imported correctly. 

When the unit selection on the Chart is set to 'Month', the import flips back to 'Day'
    When the series aggregation is 'Average' it flips back to the default

This sounds like you guys!

This task is marked as fixed as of 9.2.2. and 8.0.6.1, so for this possible resolution you would want to test an export / import process on two systems on these builds or newer. Would this be something you could look into perhaps?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Guys,

Hope things are good on your end, just wondering if you had a chance to review my reply in case ?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hello Eric,

I am just starting again after the holidays. When you refer to 8.0.6.1 release is that the 8.0.6. 20200826 release? I downloaded it just now and will be testing it this week. I will keep you informed.

Regards,

JeRoen

photo

Hi JeRoen,

Hope you had a nice holiday, welcome back. 20200826 is actually 806.3, so this should include the fix, ID 19469. You can check out the 8.0 change log for more info on the many patches in each version.

https://community.yellowfinbi.com/knowledge-base/article/8-0-change-logs-patch-and-release-notes-for-8-0

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Eric

photo

HI JeRoen,

Just wanted to check in to see how testing went here?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi JeRoen,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this ticket as Resolved due to inactivity at this time. Feel welcome to re-open with a reply if you experience any issues going forward.

Thanks,

Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file