InfoThreadRunner tells us what exactly Yellowfin is working on over a certain time period. If you are experiencing processes that are abnormally slow, we may tell you to collect info_threads for the duration of that process.
To use the infothreadrunner tool:
- Enter your Yellowfin URL, e.g. http://localhost:8080
- Enter your save path. This is where the tool will place all extracted info_thread pages.
- Specify the number of pages that will be saved in total, and the time interval over which these will be collected. For most use cases, we recommend setting the maximum pages to 60, and the interval to 1 second.
- In Yellowfin, navigate to one step before where the problem usually occurs.
- Click "Go" and replicate the problem
Note: It is important to ensure that you have isolated the process you are looking to diagnose. If the collected info_threads contain too much noise, it will be difficult to parse useful information out of.
InfoTheadRunner is attached to this KnowledgeBase article and may be downloaded for free. To run it just extract it to a folder of your choice, and then if you are on Windows simply double-click the InfoThreadRunner.jar file, or if you are on Linux then just run it from the command line as you would any jar file:
me@LinuxBox:~$ java -jar InfoThreadRunner_2.jar