Upgrade error form 735 to 7.4

rajkumar shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

I am getting the following error while upgrading and how to fine the base directory

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Rajkumar,

Thanks for reaching out.

I have just tested and looks like an issue with the updater.

I will report this and will let you know if there is any workaround.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused due to this.

Regards,

Mahesh

photo

Hi Rajkumar,

Sorry, I have just tested it again, by giving the path as /opt/Yellowfin without the appserver and it worked.

Please try that and it should work.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Mahesh

photo

Still errors, with both options as /opt/yellowfin or /opt/YellowFin, please refer the attachment. two different error messages.

photo
photo

Hi Rajkumar,

I understand whats happening there, it is looking for the ROOT folder which is not existing in your Yellowfin.

The reason for not existing is, you have just installed Yellowfin and has never run Yellowfin and accessed it and logged into it.

If you run the Yellowfin Service(daemon), then it will create the ROOT folder, and then when you run the updater, it will replace the files in the ROOT folder.

Please run the Yellowfin service(daemon), then Stop the daemon, then run the updater, that should resolve the issue.

Let me know if you still have any issues.

Regards,

Mahesh

photo

I have logged on to it and created reports and dashboards... but never done ssh to the server until now to upgrade.

What do you mean by deamon, are you asking me to start the service and stop the service .sh scripts? it is under Linux

photo

Where do i find proper install guide for Linux?

photo
photo

Hi RajKumar,

If you have already created reports and worked on Yellowfin, I am not sure why Yellowfin updater is not recognising the path you specified. Please check if you have specifying the correct path.

Here is the link for the community article for installing on Linux.

Click here to access the community article on how to update on Linux.

The term daemon in Unix platform means a Service as we refer on windows.

Let me know if you have any questions.

If you still have issues, I am happy to arrange a screenshare session on Monday, and I am available between 9 am and 4:30 PM AEST (Melbourne Australia time).

Regards,

Mahesh

photo

Hi Rajkumar,

Hope you are doing well.

I haven't heard back on this ticket.

Can you please update me and let me know if you have any questions?

Regards,

Mahesh

photo

Hi Rajkumar,

Hope you are doing well.

I am marking this ticket as completed.

If you have any questions please reply back.

Regards,

Mahesh

Leave a Comment

Attach a file