Attempt at restoring deleted reports not working

Daniel.Eyre shared this problem 9 months ago
Resolved

Hi guys,

I've got a new problem. Some Reports were mistakenly deleted a couple of weeks ago.

I've found these reports in the reportheader table and changed their ReportStatusCode from 'DELETED' to 'OPEN'. And I then restarted yellowfin. But the reports still are not appearing in their old folder in Yellowfin. Do I also need to change something in the reportinstance table?

Comments (7)

photo
1

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for reaching out. You can double check against the ReportInstance table, linking up the ReportId with the ReportInstanceId to ensure the ReportStatusCode is open (which it should be), but perhaps the best thing to check is the CategoryCode and SubCategoryCode columsn in the ReportHeader table, which will let you know which folders the corresponding reports are in.

If you still don't see them in the reports in those folders, then it's probably a permissions issue, either at the report or content folder level, which would need to be looked into as well.

Please let me know what you find.

Regards,

Mike

photo
1

So should I change the status in the reportinstance table from 'ARCHIVED'?

And this may have been a report made by a client that was made private. Is there a way to make me be able to see it?

Because I still cannot see these reports in the folder they're supposed to be in.

photo
1

Hi Mike is it possible to get on a call?

photo
1

Hi Daniel,

Thanks again for your time. To recap, even with the status set to OPEN, the reports were not visible in the UI. After investigation, we found the reports had their ExternalAccessCode set to 'PERSONAL' which would mean that only specific users would have access. In attempting to find which users had access by searching the AccessLevel table for the reportid's we found no records, explaining why no one could see the reports. After modifying the ExternalAccessCode to 'CORPORATE' the reports were again visible.

To re-setup the security permissions on the reports, you will liaise with the client and set them back up as private reports.

Glad we got this worked out, and let me know if you run into any issues.

Cheers,

Neal

photo
1

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your help. But this has been resolved with help from Melbourne team member Neal Dennis. The restoration of reports was prevented by them having Private status, yet no entries in the access table.

photo
1

Dear Mike,

I have the same situation. I see all the reports when I run the query:"SELECT * FROM ReportHeader

WHERE ExternalAccessCode = 'CORPORATE' AND ReportStatusCode = 'DELETED';"


But when I try to update the ReportStatusCode to 'OPEN' the query executes successfully but I do not see the report on the console.

Neither in any of the folders.

Could it be a permission issue?

Looking forward to hear from you.


Thanks and Regards,

Sagar Rahate

photo
1

Hey Sagar,


There could be a large number of reasons why deleted content is no longer working. Permissions is one part (check view and folder permissions), though you may also find that report objects are no longer present, so even once the report is flagged as open, it fails to launch.


If you still have issues with this after confirming security is correct, please raise a private ticket with support so we can attempt to assist further. Also be aware that restoring items from the DB is not fully supported, we will provide as much guidance as we can, but there is only so much we can do (ie. report objects are no longer valid).


Thanks,David

photo