How to Schedule/Trigger a Cached Filter Refresh

Kevin T. shared this idea 9 days ago
Idea Logged

Two questions:

1. We currently have Cached Filters scheduled on lower frequencies like weekly/monthly, but if there is an urgent need to refresh, how can we trigger a refresh of everything on-demand? We can Select All and Run now on the Schedule Management page but it seems to stop as soon as the user logs out, not going through all reports.

2. We are using parent-client accounts, and we have many different client accounts for internal and external user. If we only want to refresh cached filters for one client account (not every thing) but still for all reports, how can we do that? I see there is some documentation like this [https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/display/yfcurrent/Schedule+Management+Services] but not sure if that can select only one client as the OrgId parameter says "Default (i.e. primary) organization ID within Yellowfin. Always set this to 1."

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for reaching out to support.

1. We have a web service call that can run scheduled tasks on demand, see here -

https://developers.yellowfinbi.com/dev/api-docs/current/#operation/addToScheduleQueue

2. It appears there isn't a way to currently run all (report?) cached filters per client org, I could make a dev request to investigate potentially adding this to a future edition of the software if that sounds like a good way forward here.

Thanks,
Eric

photo

Is there any API to get the list of report IDs? And is there any API that can refresh the cached filters for just one client at a time (the above scheduled task call still refreshes all orgs right?)

Kevin

photo

Hi Kevin,

We currently have the 'getreports' call, if you would like to see any additional parameters for that I could make a request to developers on your behalf to look into implementing this.

https://developers.yellowfinbi.com/dev/api-docs/current/#operation/getReports

No per client filter refresh API that I can see, that would be another developer task if you'd like to see this implemented, just let me know.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

We're asking these questions because we have 900 reports and multiple client orgs, which causes the cache filter refresh to take almost a day to run. Some client orgs are used more frequently than others, so if we could select only certain ones to update, that would help. Other than that, are there any other possible solutions? This is really hampering our regular usage of Yellowfin.

Kevin

photo

Thanks for the additional info. I've gone ahead and created a developer task to look into potentially adding this functionality to a future version of the application. I've attached this ticket to the task and added your organization as an affected client for tracking purposes. Updates to the task will be provided here as they are available. I'll mark this as Idea Logged for now; you can reach out to your CSM and request escalation of task ID YFN-26959 if needed. Feel welcome to reply here with any related inquiries.

Thanks,

Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file