yellowfin not recognize citext column type (PostgreSQL)

Shahar Potash shared this problem 4 years ago
Defect Fixed

YELLOWFIN NOT RECOGNIZE THIS COLUMN TYPE..

WHAT CAN I DO?

Replies (11)

photo

Hi Shahar,

Thanks for reaching out to support with your issue. I was able to replicate this unexpected behavior, and have created a developer task to look into this. Updates to the task will be provided here as they are available. I will in turn mark this as Defect Logged for now; feel welcome to reply here with further related inquiries.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

any update of this issue?

photo

Hi Shahar,

I have requested an update to the task on your behalf. Will let you know the response.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric,

Thanks, I am waiting for your update.

Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2019 8:09 PM

To: Shahar Potash <shahar.potash@Galor.onmicrosoft.com>

Subject: New Comment in "yellowfin not recognize citext column type (PostgreSQL)"

photo

Hey Shahar,

Hope you are well!

This ticket has been reassigned to me while Eric is away on annual leave.

A few things worth noting - The citext extension appears to be case sensitive so that's worth looking into.

• Could I get the exact error that you are receiving?
  • Also some background on your citext extenstion - e.g. has it previously recognised the column type? have you run the citext extension on all db's (if you have several)

Let me know and I look forward to your response! :)

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hey Shahar,

I hope you have been well!

I just wanted to check in with you to see if the information I provided in my last response helped at all? or if you had any further question/wanted to provide the information for me that I requested so I can continue looking into this for you! I am happy to do so :)

Let me know.

Thanks & Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hey Shahar,

I Hope you are well!

I just wanted to let you know that i will be closing this ticket due to the inactivity, though you do have any further question please do no hesitate to ask and I will be happy to help :)

Thanks & Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hi Shahar,

Just wanted to provide an update here: Developers have implemented a bugfix for this issue, so Citext column type is recognized by Yellowfin. This is slated to be included in upcoming versions 7.4.12 and 8.0.4. I'll continue to provide updates as they are available, and keep this ticket marked as Defect Logged until release.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Great news :)

photo

Hi Shahar,

Just wanted to provide an update - this fix was included in recent release 7.4.12, however it looks like you're running 8.0 in this case, correct? If so, I'll keep this marked as Defect Logged until the respective 8.0.4 release.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Shahar,

Just wanted to confirm Citext column type support has been included in Yellowfin releases 8.0.4 and above. I'll go ahead and mark this ticket as Defect Fixed at this point; feel welcome to reply here if you experience any related issues.

Thanks,

Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file