Yellowfin versions (major, minor, patches) and builds
Besides current online articles, can you please explain what are the major differences between major/minor releases, patches and builds?
This is what I was able to find out so far:
- Major releases have changes in the db schema (Eg. 7.3 > 8)
- Upgrade path is normally from current version > latest current version > major release
- Patches are only made available to current, and last 2 versions
- Patches are entire replacement of the codebase while the only requirement being they need to be compatible with the database
Specifically, what I wanted to know is:
- Are patches just another word for the build number?
- Are patches cumulative? Meaning latest patches have previous patches
- Are patches from previous versions included in later versions, minor and major?
- Is it possible to have 7.3 with a build version that is more recent than 7.35? If so, how?