Unable to access the licence page in italian

Daniele Donnini shared this problem 1 year ago
Defect Fixed

Hi!

The license page stops loading.

I think the cause is this javascript error that the browser console logs:

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected identifier -> MIPreAdminLicence.i4:135


strMissingInfo += ' - Selezionare un'origine dati da modificare\n';


The translation breaks the single quote.


How can I also fix it in my server (EC2 instance from the AWS marketplace)?


Thanks in advance,

Daniele

Comments (7)

photo
1

Hello Daniele,


Thanks for reaching out with the Issue you're having. I've successfully logged this as a defect in our internal ticketing system. I see that you've selected 7.3.1 as your product version, which signifies our beta of 7.3+. Could you verify if the version of Yellowfin you're on? You can do so by browsing to "Administration" > "System Information." Please provide the Application Version and Build number.


As far as the Defect goes, I'll keep this post here updated with further information as this goes through development. In the meantime, changing your System Administrator language to english will allow you to view or upload licenses as needed. As an alternative, you could create a temporary System Administrator user for specifically this purpose.


Thanks,

Ryan

photo
1

Hello Ryan,

here they are:

Application Version: 7.3

Build: 20170202


Thank you for your time.

Daniele

photo
1

Excuse me Ryan,

how do I change the language?


Thanks again.

Daniele

photo
1

Hi Daniele,


You will want to go to "Amministrazione" > "Configurazione" > Click the Globe icon. This will give you the following screen:


48c5fd906d7909668601d82509f878e8


Make sure that "Distribuzione multi-lingua" is turned on. Then select any other language (preferably one you can read!) in the drop-down and click the "+" next to the language. This will add it to the installation. Click Save.


You can now go to your profile by opening the browse pane and access your profile:


72bd58d10a0348ff0bb1ef9345e8481b


Now under "Impostazioni regionali" you should have the "Lingua preferita" option, where you can update your language. Clicking "Salva" will set the language to another so that you can access the license page. Afterwards, follow the same process to change it back to your preference.


This will give you a temporary work around while the defect goes through development here. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing.


Thanks,

Ryan

photo
1

Perfect! I did it, thank you very much, Ryan!


Best regards,

Daniele

photo
1

No problem! I'll keep this post updated with further information on a fix for this defect.


Thanks,

Ryan

photo
1

Hi Daniele,

I wanted to reach out and let you know that this is marked as fixed for our upcoming April release, expected between the 15th and the 20th.

Thanks,

Ryan