Summarized Report Data is not displayed when broadcasted to XLS or DOC

Abhay Bagalkoti shared this problem 4 years ago
Defect Fixed

Hello Team,


In YF 7.1 version - A report has summarized data, chart and table displayed.

When that broad cast is created and either XLS or DOC format is selected, the summarized part is not displayed, however, chart and table are displayed.

Same report when broadcasted to PDF or HTML format, summarized data is also displayed.


Has anyone else faced this issue too?


Any help is much appreciated.


Regards,

Abhay

Comments (8)

photo
1

Hi Abhay,

I hope all is well,

I have just checked this within the latest 7.2 20160524 and I can confirm the below results:

All work fine in terms of broadcasting to the different documents, although the .XLSX document failed to show the 'summary' information. (see image below)


6c235ff6251f16ba3473d6f21acbfcbb


This is down to the limitations within the exporting capabilities. Unfortunately the way .XLSX exporter engine works it does not support the way our charts are built in HTML therefore only producing certain charts/tables etc.

To guarantee the best form of broadcasting/exporting for this I would recommend using .PDF, as this appears to hold all the information from the report that is required. (see image below)


f3b53b177aba06fc3b0143b7eb26b4ed


Picking up on the the .DOC side, if you can clarify what version of 7.1 you are using we can then test further, but as mentioned above this does appear to be a limitation.

I hope this helps and I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo
1

Hello Mark,


Thanks for your reply and I also was able to reproduce 7.2 build 2016524.

Currently our customers are using 7.1 20150729 version.


As of now I already raised the defect to Yellowfin Support team, hope this would be planned to fix it soon.


Regards,

Abhay

photo
2

Hi Abhay,


I can confirm I have received your request for this to be raised as an 'Enhancement Request'

With this I can also confirm that this has already been requested with the Task ID: 170877, I've made a note on this Task ID to help push this in to the development stage although I can't give an exact ETA.


I hope this puts you at ease with the knowlege of this being looked into.


Regards,

Mark

photo
1

Thanks Mark for taking this into account.


Regards,

Abhay

photo
1

Hi Abhay,


I hope all is well,


It's been quite some time since I last checked in on this issue. With this I have re-opened this within JIRA so that our Devs can have this looked into. This is still an issue within Yellowfin and looks to be a limitation with the exporting tool. We can track this with the JIRA ID of; YFN-5806


I hope this helps.


Regards,

Mark

photo
1

Thanks Mark for looking into this one.


Just to make you aware, we will be using 7.3 version for new customers. I hope this might be fixed into 7.3 as well.

Older customers are still using 7.1 and might continue to use until they plan for the upgrade.


Hope this information helps.


Regards,

Abhay

photo
1

Hi Abhay,


I have marked this as not working within the versions of 7.1 upwards (7.2 and 7.3) with this information our Devs can then look into getting this corrected for our upcoming builds. I have supplied examples of this issue which will help and speed this up.


Regards,

Mark

photo
photo
1

Hi Abhay,

I hope all is well,

It's been a good few months since I last touched on this topic and with this I have some news... From the discussions with our dev team - this appears to be a fairly big job and something of which will be looked at for version 8.0 and upwards. I hope you understand this and can have the patience whilst our dev team look in to this.

Regards,

Mark

photo
1

Thanks Mark for your attention on this topic.

Hope this will be covered in future versions.


Regards,

Abhay

photo
1

Hi Abhay,

No problem, I will continue to check in on this and update where I can.

Regards,

Mark