Submit error (500) with Storyboard

Lawrence Brown shared this problem 5 years ago
Resolved

Hi,

I am receiving the error message 'Submit error (500)' when trying to use a created Storyboard.

Attached are screenshots and log files where I replicated the error. I've tested all other parts of the instance and it is only affecting Storyboards as far as I can see.

I've also been through the cache options and logged in with multiple browsers in private/incognito modes that have been mentioned in other posts.

This is quite urgent with the client as their licence renewal is due and we are wanting to take up to at least 20 users. This issue is a showstopper to that.

Regards,

Lawrence

Replies (8)

photo

Hey Lawrence,

Hope you are well.

It looks as though the data source is either down, which i doubt it actually is since you were able to replicate or that yellowfin cannot connect. what i would suggest is upgrading to the latest version of yellowfin as this could be a fix, if not then we will continue to investigate!

Keeping my fingers crossed and let me know how it goes. if the issue still persists, again, let me know.

I look forward to your response! :)

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Ok,

Was there no indication to the issue, I'll get the update installed, 7.4.7?

This should happen on Thursday 25th or Friday 26th this week.

Regards,

Lawrence

photo

Hey Lawrence,

Hope you are well!

The error 500 was a known bug in early versions of 7.4 and a major fix was done in a recent version of 7.4. so yes, i recommend upgrading to the latest (7.4.7) :) This explains why the logs were not really telling us anything specific.

Let me know how the upgrade goes and if the issue still persists!

I look forward to your response.

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo
photo

Hey Lawrence,

I hope you had a lovely weekend! :)

Just wanted to check in with you to find out if the upgrade happened on the Thursday or Friday? was it successful if so? still running into any issues?

Let me know and ill be happy to assist!

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hi Lesley,

Thanks for checking up, they delayed until tomorrow morning.

I've got a remote session booked first thing to do the upgrade.

I'll keep you posted.

Lawrence

photo

Thanks for letting me know, Lawrence!

Yes, Please do :)

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hi Lesley,

We've just upgraded to latest version and that seems to be working so far.

They are going to test it for the next hour or so then let me know how things are going but looking all good at the moment.

Regards,

Lawrence

photo

Thats great news, Lawrence :)

I'll keep my fingers crossed, let me know (in an hour or so) if its ok for me to close this ticket off. Or if you have any further questions, i'm happy to help!

Thanks,

Lesley

photo

Hey Lawrence,

Hope you had a lovely weekend!

Since i haven't heard back from you, i'm assuming your client has been testing and all is well with the storyboards?

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hey Lawrence,

I Hope you have been well :)

As i haven't heard anything regarding the storyboard issue, i'm assuming the tests on the upgrade went well and i'll go ahead and close this ticket off. Although if you do have anymore questions regarding this or need to reopen this ticket for any reason, please don't hesitate to respond and ill be more than happy to help!

Best Wishes,

Lesley

Leave a Comment

Attach a file