Report with map pack gives error when exporting to XLS format

Kenny So shared this problem 2 years ago
Resolved

Hi,


I get the following error when exporting a report (containing GIS Map data) to XLS format. It exports to CSV with no problems however. I can forward the email which YF generates if needed ( I cannot attach .msg format files)


com.hof.report.render.XlsReportRenderer.B(XlsReportRenderer.java:858)com.hof.report.render.XlsReportRenderer.render(XlsReportRenderer.java:772)com.hof.report.component.ReportSectionComponent.accept(ReportSectionComponent.java:88)com.hof.report.render.XlsReportRenderer.render(XlsReportRenderer.java:548)com.hof.report.component.ReportComponent.accept(ReportComponent.java:203)com.hof.report.render.XlsRenderer.render(XlsRenderer.java:108)com.hof.report.render.XlsRenderer.render(XlsRenderer.java:57)com.hof.mi.web.action.MIReportOutputAction.A(MIReportOutputAction.java:1321)com.hof.mi.web.action.MIReportOutputAction.execute(MIReportOutputAction.java:280)org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:425)org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:229)org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1913)org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:462)javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:643)javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:723)org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)com.hof.servlet.BrowserHeaderFilter.doFilter(BrowserHeaderFilter.java:43)org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:103)org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:293)org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:861)org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:606)org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Comments (11)

photo
1

Hello Kenny,


Thanks for reaching out in regards to the issue you're experiencing. It would be helpful if you could provide a zipped copy of your logs folder. These can be located at <YourYellowfinInstallation>/appserver/logs. These will better help me determine what may be causing the issue you're having.


Thanks,

Ryan

photo
1

Hi Ryan,


I have attached the logs.


Thanks

Kenny

photo
1

Hello Kenny,


Thanks for including the logs. Could you forward that email to my direct email ryan.carrie@yellowfin.bi. This will keep it from opening a new ticket.


Also, are you able to export the report to XLS by clicking export directly instead of using a broadcast? This will be the furthest left button in the row of buttons where the Broadcast feature is located.


Thanks,

Ryan

photo
1

Hi Ryan,


I get this error when using the export option. I wasn't using the broadcast button.

photo
1

Hi Kenny,


Thanks for the extra information. I've been unable to replicate this. I'm a little confused on what email YF is generating. It would be helpful if you could provide this by either e-mailing me or changing the extension of the .msg to .txt and attaching it to the thread. If you could provide any additional insight on the underlying data of your report, it would also be helpful. A screenshot of your Data tab in the Report Builder may help.


Thanks,

Ryan

photo
1

Hi Ryan,


Sorry for the late reply. Here is the email that YF generates. (I renamed the .msg file to .txt).


I sent you screenshots as requested. I believe it's the map data that is causing the issue, as when I export the report to CSV, there is no chart / map data.


Thanks

Kenny

photo
1

Hi Kenny,


Thanks for including this additional information. One thing I noticed in your screenshots is that you're using Google Maps for your chart. Unfortunately, exporting Google Maps is a limitation of Google's Javascript API. Until printing is supported by this, it is not possible to export a Google Map from Yellowfin. Until Google supports printing from its Javascript API, it's not something that Yellowfin can support. More information on this limitation can be found here.


It is possible to export a map chart in this manner using our GIS Map chart, however. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.


Thanks,

Ryan

photo
1

Hi Kenny,


I'm going to ahead and mark this as Resolved, as this was a limitation of the Google Maps API. If you need any further assistance or have any other issues please don't hesitate to contact us.


Thanks,

Ryan

photo
1

Hi Ryan,

I'm not 100% sure if this is a limitation of the Google API, because I've had reports that this error occurs when I export any report that has a chart in it. I cannot test it right now as this error seems to bring down the whole system. I'll give it a test after hours and report back.

photo
1

Hi Ryan,


We upgraded to YF 7.3 and it looks like we can export reports with charts on it now. Anything with Google Maps is still an issue (as you stated is a limitation, so I guess we'll have to live with it!)

photo
1

Hi Kenny,


Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear your charts are exporting as expected.


Thanks,

Ryan