Can Yellowfin cannot to Exasol as a data source?
Yes, as of May 2017 Yellowfin now has the Exasol database connection wizard.
To connect, you need to;
1. Download a Exasol JDBC driver from. This can be downloaded from here. This will take you to the Exasol Download Section. From here, choose a version from the Page Tree on the left-hand side of the screen.
2. After selecting a version, scroll down to the Latest Downloads section and download the JDBC Driver.
For Mac, schoose the .dmg file, for Windows, the .msi file, and for Linux, one of the .tar files.
3. Upload the relevant Exasol driver via plugin management, located at Administration > Plugin Management.
4. In the Plugin Management page, click the 'Add' button to add a plugin/driver.
5. In the New Plugin screen, enter a name and description for the plugin/driver.
6. Next, drag and drop the Exasol JDBC driver file. Once the driver is added, click Submit.
7. You will now see the driver you added in the Plugin Management page.
Once you have Yellowfin running and the Exasol driver installed, you can connect Exasol as the data source to Yellowfin.
8. On the default Yellowfin screen, click the plus sign and select 'Data Source' from the 'Create' menu.
9. Next, select the 'Database' option in the 'New Connection' screen
10. Enter the following connection details for the database as shown in the screen shot below:
11. Once you have entered all the connection information, you can test the connection. Click the down arrow next to the 'Create View' button and select 'Test Connection'.
12. Save the connection by selecting the 'Save & Close' option when you click the down arrow as shown below.
Comments have been locked on this page!