Can't change dashboard subtab names

Siim Neljandik shared this problem 11 months ago
Resolved

When I change dashboard tab names, it changes on the names on the draft view. However when I save the dashboard the names revert back to the ones before the edit. Multiple admin level users have recently encountered this.

Comments (6)

photo
1

Hi Siim,

This sounds like it may be a bug. We've received a report of this from another client as well. While we investigate this, if you are looking for a workaround, it would be worth trying the following:

The sub-tab name is stored in the "ShortDescription" column of the ReportGroup table, so if you run the following query it may well correct the problem:

UPDATE ReportGroup
SET ShortDescription = '<insert new name here>'
WHERE ShortDescription = '<insert current name here>' 
You will have to restart Yellowfin after running this query.

Please remember to backup your Yellowfin config database before doing any such backend modifications.

I've attempted to replicate this error, but could not. This means that it is not a general bug that occurs with all installations of that build of 7.4, but rather, somehow the current state of your Yellowfin configuration database is most likely causing the issue. If this SQL query isn't a suitable solution we will have to obtain a dump of your YF config DB. Please let me know how you'd like to proceed.

Regards,

Mike

photo
1

Hello,

Because I would want to change it for a specific dashboard only, how can I find the entry that corresponds to a specific dashboard?

All the best,

Siim

photo
1

Hi Siim,

This query is to update one Dashboard tab at a time. If you look through your reportgroup table in the config db, you can find your current subtab name under ShortDescription, making sure the GroupTypeCode is SUBTAB. Probably the easiest way to find the corresponding entry is to open the applicable dashboard then refresh in the config db, and sort the results by LastModifiedGMTDateTime. If you pay attention to the exact time that should give you all you need but you can also make sure it's in the correct CategoryCode and SubCategoryCode (Folder and Subfolder in the UI) as well.

/3LYhbgYBAQCAgEFg0BAoi+ISPb9G+X9GRQEAgIBAQCOgQKIjgExqf7lsQtwIBgYBAQCCwaAj8P4eiZG83rHhpAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

/wMYWMI67CWfFwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

/h9HXe3EqyI0GgAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Mike

photo
1

Hi Siim,

I just wanted to check in and see how things are going with this.

Regards,

Mike

photo
1

Hello,

The SQL workaround worked.

All the best

Siim N

photo
1

Hi Siim,

Glad to hear it! I'll go ahead and mark this one Resolved then. Please don't hesitate to reach out with further questions or concerns.

Regards,

Mike