Changing the Colour of a Vertical Bar Chart

Kenneth Jones shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

When I change my chart to a verticalchart from an Auto it makes me put in a numeric value in color and will not letme put in an alphanumeric in the color. I attached the details.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello Kenneth,

The easiest route to doing what you want is by using an Org Ref code.

We have a handy guide here that shows you how to set one up and set colours for each type of record:

http://wiki.yellowfin.com.au/display/USER73/Reference+Codes

Once the ref-code is set up, you can use it to colour your chart,

Please let us know if you require any further guidance!

Best regards,

Pete

photo

For some reason I am not seeing the option to create the Org Ref. Do you know where it would be? I looked under Admin and did not see it. I am using I-Sight.

photo
photo

Hi Kenneth,

Sorry to hear that you are having some issues with this.

Would it be possible to get some screen shots of your admin page in yellowfin - especially covering the "reference codes" area which is usually between field folders and storyboard themes?

Would it also be possible to get the output of your info.jsp page - this is located at http://[yellowfin install]:[port]/info.jsp

Are you logging in as a system administrator or as a standard user?

if you are an admin, please check the "roles" section of the admin console for your specific role and verify that "Org Reference Codes" is enables in the "administration" tab

e86426e2e964c97a02f2deba5e5e691a

Best regards,

Pete

photo

It looks like since we are going through I-sight they have limited some of our capabilities. I attached my screen.

photo

Hi Kenneth,

It might be worth you getting in touch directly with I-Sight.

They have modified the system from it's standard configuration and should be able to help you further to either enable the relevant settings for you, or offer another solution.

Sorry I am not able to help further, however, please keep me informed if you are able to get this resolved.

Best regards,

Pete

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file