Ability to send a single broadcast out in multiple languages

Adil A shared this idea 2 months ago
Idea Logged

Hello,

In our organization, we often have the need to send broadcasts to general delivery mailboxes, where the team receiving the broadcast comprises of English and French users.

To our knowledge, after contacting both Yellowfin (29665-06-04) and BMC Support (Smart Reporting), it is not possible to configure a single broadcast that sends the report out in 2 languages, even if the environment has been sent up as a multi-lingual deployment and the translations have been imported for the report/view.

It would be helpful to be able to configure one broadcast to send 2 files (1 En, 1 Fr) to fully take advantage of the multi-lingual deployment option in the context of sending broadcasts to general delivery mailboxes. This would avoid column headers, report titles/descriptions, and attribute values from having to be displayed in both languages at the same time, making the report visually harder to follow.

Thank you for the consideration.

Replies (4)

photo

Hello Adil A

Thank you for submitting this request to the Yellowfin Technical Support Team. My name is Chegudi Priya and I will be supporting you with this issue.

Sincerely,

Chegudi Priya
Yellowfin Technical Support

photo

Hi Chegudi,
Thanks for your prompt response. As I noted in the text, this is something we had reached out to Yellowfin just a couple days ago and I had been in touch with your colleague Yamini. She mentioned the functionality is not available, so I submitted it as an idea.

photo

Hello Adil,

Thank you for the update, We are checking please allow us some time we will get back to you with an update.

photo

Hello Adil,

I wanted to inform you that we have gone ahead and submitted an enhancement request to our development team based on your valuable feedback and suggestions. Our development team will be reviewing the request to assess its feasibility and potential implementation. We will keep you updated on the progress of this enhancement request and notify you once there are any updates.

Note:

I wanted to inform you that the enhancement will be logged for the Yellowfin app. Please be advised that if BMC logic may prevents this from working, there are no further actions we can take.

photo

Hi Chegudi,

Thank you for the update and taking the idea forward for review and potential implementation.
And yes, your point re: BMC logic is well taken - we understand.

Have a good rest of the day!

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file