Additional options within the a column sort such as Filter, Search

Ingo Klose shared this idea 59 days ago
Idea Logged

We would like additional options i.e. Filter, Search from within a column. As it stands the only options at Report level are to sort the column:

109fe73cea2fc12a1bba11aa067e0ee1

However at Dashboard level we have options such as:

692885977af6275d7d883e8b0791a961

It would be great to have some quick options at this level as mentioned above, such as Filter, Search.

Replies (9)

photo

Hi Ingo,

I hope all is well,

Just to let you know I have since submitted this with our Development Team.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Ingo,

I hope all is well,

I have since discussed this a little further with the development team and we have some additional questions which might help get what we want...

1. What is the expected behaviour of filter? Is it like keep/exclude on a chart?
  2. What is the expected behaviour of search?
  3. Would it create a popup to capture text input, and then scroll to find that text in the column?
  4. What if the report is paged? Is it expected to find all occurrences of that data, including advancing the page if it finds a match on future paged data?

I think some additional context would help push this further if you have a few minutes of your time to get some more feedback.

I look forward to your response Ingo.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Ingo,

I know it's only been 23 hours since my last response, however I just want to check in to see if we can get this moving so I can provide our development team with some content. I look forward to your response.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

we have a Holiday here in Germany today. I'll try to get some answers tomorrow.

Best regards,

Ingo

photo

Hi Ingo,

No problem, that would be great.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Ingo,

I hope all is well,

I just thought I would check in to see if we can get this moving, if you can get back to me that would be great.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Ingo,

I hope all is well,

I know it's only been 28 hours since my last response, however, I just want to check in so we can pick this up as I am keen to get this to our developers.

Have a great weekend and speak next week.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

Here are my two cents.

1. A filter would keep all rows that fit the filter, you could of course also do a reverse.
  2. A search would jump to the first row where the value is found, even across pagination if possible.
  3. I think it should be part of the context menu, if possible. Have a look at Excel, that might be an indication.
  4. I think it would be great if it would jump to the page where the value was found.

This topic came up when talking to end users who are used to work with tables in Excel and where wondering why the Yellowfin context menu is so empty. This features also makes sense in an environment where re-running the report is costly - so instead of setting the report filters, you have actions on top of the result set.

Best regards,

Ingo

photo

Hi Ingo,

Thank you for sending this across. I will have since submitted this to our developers.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file