Column Width is not exported

Joonas K shared this question 9 days ago
Awaiting Reply

How can I control the column width in an exported .XLSX?

The below snippet shows what the export looks like. I want to be able to control the column width in my exported report, not just in the report. I want all my numbers visible and the headers to contain only "one row". What can I do?

Rgds

c0713b61a9f808836dadeff40330560f

Replies (2)

photo

Hello Joonas K,

Thank you for submitting this request to the Yellowfin Technical Support Team. My name is Sharwari Inkane and I will be supporting you with this issue.

Please allow me some time so I can investigate this issue. Meanwhile could you please share info.jsp. To access this page, just append info.jsp to your YF URL. E.g. http://localhost:8080/info.jsp

Sincerely,

Sharwari Inkane
Yellowfin Technical Support

photo

Hello Joonas,

I hope all is well,

I wanted to followup regarding info.jsp page. Could you please share at your earliest convenience. To access this page, just append info.jsp to your YF URL. E.g. http://localhost:8080/info.jsp

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hi Sharwari,

See attachment. Thanks for helping!

photo

Hello Joonas,

Could you please disable the wrap text and then export the report to .XLSX and see if it resolves the issue? Please refer to the below screenshot for your reference.

515c7666766103c26a61e9482f5f0a7e

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hi. It works to some extent, but it mainly just seems to wrap the headers of each column. It does not change the width of the columns. I have set all to be the same width in the report itself, and they show the same width but in the export the columns varies greatly.

photo

Hello Joonas,

I've tested the issue in the latest version, and it appears that the functionality remains the same. Previously, an enhancement request was submitted for this matter, but unfortunately, it was closed as 'Won't Do.' Our Product team commented that 'It's unlikely we would ever do this. I think using Excel's formatting to fit columns and rows is the best option.'

I understand this may not be the news you were hoping for, but this particular enhancement won't be pursued. Our suggestion would be to utilize Excel's column and row formatting options instead.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns regarding this matter.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Ok thanks Sharwari, appreciate that you looked into it.

photo

Hello Joonas,

You're welcome, I'm glad I could assist you. If you need any further assistance with this ticket or have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reply to this message. I'm more than happy to help you in any way I can. If there are no further questions, please let me know, and I'll proceed to close this case.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello Joonas,

I hope all is well,

I just want to touch base to see if you had a chance to read through my response. If you can let me know that would be great.

Thank you,

Sharwari Inkane

Yellowfin Technical Support

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file