How the approval request assignment take place in backend ?

Pratiksha Rane shared this question 13 days ago
Awaiting Reply

In Reporting we have Content Folder which requires Expert Approval to publish new reports in it. Expert group is normal User group with 2 members.

Issue 1:

I have created new report as a normal user and requested approval for this report. Approval is now assigned one of the person from User Group. Only this case person see this report in Smart Reporting. Another member og approval group cannot see this report.

Question:

Is it correct behaviour? I would expect that all members of approver group can see the report.

Issue 2:

I want to Reassign approval from one approver to another approver. Once I do this, our Reporting server in not more reachable and has to be restarted as service. Such normal user action should not lead to server issue --> Prio High

Is it a known bug ? And how the approval request gets assign to a person /group members

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Pratiksha,

Thanks for reaching out.

Could you please provide the details of the exact version you are currently using so that I can test it on my end.

It would be great if you could fill out the attached BMC form.

Thanks,

Deepak

photo

Hi Deepak,

The YF version is 8.0.9.2

Regards

Pratiksha

photo

Hi Pratiksha,

Re: Issue:1

Yes, it works in the same way as you described so its expected behaviour. If you want other members who are not selected as approval to still receive the approval request, we need to make them as advanced users who has approval rights:

2830b9378b448f0930507f2b36ab5492

If the below option is checked for a user role, then they would receive approval request (even if their name is not selected as approval in the report)

a738a2a4bda3ea08067fda48e7778f35

And re: issue 2.

I don' think there is any bug as such. If you are experiencing issues with server we may have to troubleshoot further. Kindly fill out the form I have shared previously with all the details and share Debug logs from the same point to understand what might have gone wrong.

Thanks,

Deepak

photo

Hi Pratiksha,

Hope you're having a good week.

Just wanted to check-in and see how it's all going. Is there anything you are needing from me to help get this resolved?

Kind regards,

Deepak Chaganti

photo

Hi Pratiksha,

Hope you're having a good week.

Just wanted to check-in and see how it's all going. Is there anything you are needing from me to help get this resolved?

Kind regards,

Deepak Chaganti

Leave a Comment

Attach a file