Error initialising YellowfinWebService

John King shared this problem 20 days ago
Awaiting Reply

I got the error below, though after restarting the Yellowfin service, everything is working now. What is the cause and how to avoid in the future?

"YF:2024-04-09 17:57:05:ERROR (YellowfinWebService) - [44] [Background] [/services] Error initialising YellowfinWebService: java.lang.IllegalStateException: WebServicesSessionManager not initialised

java.lang.IllegalStateException: WebServicesSessionManager not initialised"

Thanks

Replies (6)

photo

Hi John,

Thanks for reaching out. It looks like for some reason YF web services couldn't get initiated. Could you please help us with more details to understand what might have happened:

1. Entire stack trace/ log file of the error message.

2. When was the first time we came across this error? What happened in the UI when we saw this error in log file?

3. YF version and the type of environment (is it an integrated environment?

4. Do we have any network errors around that time which might have effected?

Thanks,

Deepak

photo

Hi,

I have attached the yellowfin log that produced the error. This is the first time I have encountered it, I was unable to get to the YF login page as it couldn't connect. After restarting the YF service, everything was fixed after a couple minutes and I was able to login. We are using version 9.7.1.2 as a standalone environment. There were no network errors at the time.

photo
photo

Hi John,

I am not sure if this error message is the reason for login page issue because I do the same error message on the day before the issue happened and at multiple times:

YF:2024-04-08 19:23:07:ERROR (YellowfinWebService) - [27] [Background] [/services] Error initialising YellowfinWebService: java.lang.IllegalStateException: WebServicesSessionManager not initialised
java.lang.IllegalStateException: WebServicesSessionManager not initialised

Could you please confirm if YF was working fine around that timestamp ?

Thanks,

Deepak

photo

I don't believe YF was being used at the time but would assume it was not working after that timestamp.

Thanks

photo
photo

Hi John,

Hope you're having a good week.

Just wanted to check-in and see how it's all going. Please let me know if you had a chance to look into my previous response.

Kind regards,

Deepak Chaganti

photo

Hi John,

I think the problem started on 7th april:

YF:2024-04-07 09:52:12:ERROR (DBAction) - [26] [Background] [TASK_SCHEDULER] Error occured selecting data: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error

SQL server closed the connection and hence it followed multiple errors until it was restarted again:

YF:2024-04-07 10:40:27: INFO (DBConnectionManager) - [162] [Unknown] [Unknown] DBConnectionManager completed shutdown
YF:2024-04-07 10:43:31: INFO (DispatcherServlet) - Initializing Servlet 'dispatcher'
YF:2024-04-07 10:43:35: INFO (DispatcherServlet) - Completed initialization in 3792 ms
YF:2024-04-07 10:43:35: WARN (CryptoHelperSimple) - [15] [Background] [STARTUP] Unable to decrypt AES package, falling back to triple DES
YF:2024-04-07 10:44:06: INFO (hofStartup) - [15] [Background] [STARTUP] === hofStartup Starting Up ===
YF:2024-04-07 10:44:25:ERROR (DBAction) - [15] [Background] [STARTUP] Error occured selecting data: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Read timed out
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Read timed out

But the issue with sql server is still there, YF couldn't receive the data requested (trying to fecth) on time and hence the read timed out error. And after that we can see multiple connection closed errors (which means that YF couldn't perform the startup loads etc dues to this issue) I am not sure if you have used the system after this point until 9th april when you realised that YF was not working (because I don't see any entry in the logs that says a user logged in/ browse/ report was loading on 8th)?

SQL server issue might have been resolved in the meantime(between 7 -9 april) and then a YF restart might have fetched data without issues.

Thanks,

Deepak

photo

Hi John,

Just wanted to check-in and see how it's all going. Please let me know if you had a chance to look into my previous response.

Kind regards,

Deepak Chaganti

photo

Hi John,

Kind regards,

Deepak Chaganti

Leave a Comment

Attach a file