How to insert an image for each organization in a Dashboard

Arthur Jalmusny shared this idea 2 months ago
Not Planned

Hi Support!

We have a client who needs to place different logos on the

organization's dashboard.

Please let me know what is the easiest way to change the logo image or

header image of a dashboard being accessed by different organization

clients? Each client organization has a different logo.

I tried to find options in the panel images, but I couldn't find them.

The ideal would be to be able to insert a corporate image for each

organization.

https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/display/yfcurrent/Dashboard+Images

I know that it is possible to use a Javascript program in code mode, but

the client does not have this knowledge.

regards,

Arthur Jalmusny

Replies (9)

photo

Hi Arthur,

Thanks for reaching out to support. I can see the "global image replace" option in the provided documentation, subsequently I could see this type of option being available at the client organization options menu, does this sound like the type of functionality you're looking for/ I could create a dev task to investigate this potential if so.

Thanks,
Eric

photo

Hi Arthur,

Just wanted to check in to see if you had a chance to review my reply at this time.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric,

Global replace is only used to change the image and maintain the same image ID in all dashboards, reports, stories and presentations where the image was used.

I did several tests and research and so far I haven't found where the 'Logo' is configured in the header of the same dashboard for different organizations. Please, can you help me?

regards,

Arthur

photo

Hi Arthur,

Perhaps Configuration - System - Company Logo is what you're looking for?

feaa204d5433e73dea892ec36ad1e9f2

Maybe the solution here would be to add this type of client org granularity to the Image manager? I could create a developer task in this case.

Thanks,
Eric

photo

Hi Eric,

I tested this configuration and realized that it only changes the organization's logo when printing or exporting the report. I still haven't found documentation on how to change the image manager according to the organization.

regards,

Arthur

photo

Hi Arthur,

I think that's the functionality that would resolve this - client org image replace similar to logos but for image manager? this doesn't currently exist but could be implemented in a future build if that sounds like a good way forward here.

Thanks,
Eric

photo

Hi Eric,

Yes, if it is really not possible to use the image manager with customer organizations, then please include it in the list of wishes or ideas for future versions.

regards,

Arthur

photo

Hi Arthur,

Thanks for confirming for me. I've gone ahead and created a developer task to look into potentially adding this functionality to a future version of the application. I've attached this ticket to the task and added your organization as an affected client for tracking purposes. Updates to the task will be provided here as they are available. I'll mark this as Idea Logged for now; feel welcome to reply here with any related inquiries.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

HI Arthur,

Devs have provided an update - as this solution could be attained using code mode it is not on our product roadmap. If you need this re-opened you can reach out to your CSM. As such I'll go ahead and mark this ticket as Not Planned at this time.

Thanks,
Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file