Unable to delete folder

Edward Willans shared this problem 3 months ago
Completed

Trying to delete a folder, but keep on getting the attached error message saying there is a report in the folder. There is not a report in this folder and have checked hidden as well.

Replies (5)

photo

Hello Edward,

Thank you for reaching out to Yellowfin Support.

My name is Sharwari Inkane, and I'll be assisting you with the issue reported as Unable to delete folder.

I will take a look at it with the details shared and get back to you with the findings shortly. Please let us know if you have any more questions; we will be happy to help.

In addition to that, could you please provide information on the version and build of Yellowfin you are currently running?

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello Edward,

It appears you have some ghost records linked to the content folder.

In order to obtain the reports linked to a given folder, you'll head into the ContentManagement folder to identify your Content Folder.

For example, I'm looking for Salesforce > Overview. I can see this is stored as SALESFORCE1 and OVERVIEW1 in my ContentManagement folder

/e143a0dd5ade0c32ba884b165be43a7f

From here, I can search what's linked to this content folder in the ReportHeader table by doing something like:

SELECT * FROM reportheader WHERE CategoryCode = 'SALESFORCE1' AND SubCategoryCode = 'SALESPERSON1';

/860e75c1f87141aeffc379f941993dc3

You can either change the 'SELECT * FROM' to 'DELETE FROM' here to remove the reports or you can just set the reports' ReportStatusCode values to 'DELETED' by doing

UPDATE reportheader SET ReportStatusCode = 'DELETED' WHERE CategoryCode = 'SALESFORCE1' AND SubCategoryCode = 'SALESPERSON1';

From here, you should be able to delete the ContentManagement folder from the UI, but if you want you can delete it from the back-end by doing the same thing against the ContentManagement table, either DELETE FROM, if you know you won't need it again, or update the StatusCode value to 'DELETED'.

NOTE: When running any queries directly against the Yellowfin Configuration Database it's possible to cause irrevocable data loss. This process isn't directly supported nor recommended unless otherwise advised to do so. Before running any queries against your Yellowfin Configuration Database, please make sure you have full, up-to-date backups of both your Yellowfin Configuration Database and your Yellowfin Installation folder. This way, if something goes wrong you can revert back to your current state.

Please let me know how goes and whether you have any additional questions.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello Edward,

I hope all is well.

I just want to touch base to see if you had a chance to read through my response. If you can let me know that would be great.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello Edward.

Greetings for the Day.

This is a follow up reminder that 2 days have passed without any activity in this ticket. When there's no activity, it usually means either that you have identified the solution for the reported issue or that the matter is no longer relevant and after 5 days (2 days from now) without any activity, we assume that the ticket can be closed.

If this is not the case, please do reply and let us know how we can be of further assistance, we would be happy to assist.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello Edward,

Greetings for the Day.

This email is to notify you that we believe that you have identified the solution for the reported issue or that this ticket can be resolved for now. Because of age and inactivity I am going to go ahead and mark this ticket as Completed. However, if you ever wanted to revisit this or have anything else I can help you with, please let us know, we will be more than happy to do so.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

Leave a Comment

Attach a file