Add an option to disable keep/exclude chart filter

Niklas Weiler shared this idea 3 months ago
Idea Logged

At the moment there doesn't appear to be a way to disable the keep/exclude filter that appears when hovering over series data on a chart:

e8f69931f666da50910cdf5713976a11

A toggle under something like Chart Settings -> Interaction could work.

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Niklas,

I've gone ahead and created a new Idea post for this enhancement. I hope that's okay!

In your original ticket you said you wanted it another reason in the past, if you could let me know what your use case was, that will help with making the case to the developers!

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris,

the other reason why we wanted do disable the "Filter on Hover" is the legend that is shown when you hover over a chart.

Sometimes it can be quite hard to connect the color from the chart to the color of the legend below the chart. In these cases, the legend that is shown by hovering over the chart is extremely useful:

1456e145fc875a5641ebf8ec8fa79c12

However, after about 3 seconds, the keep/exclude menu pops-up and hides this legend:

3be80d601984b688ff89d9e81d55440c

So in some cases we would much rather keep the legend instead of the option to filter.

This also happens in normal reports, not just in Dashboards.

kind regards,

Niklas

Note:

To recreate this exact behaviour it seems like you need a numerical attribute in the Horizontal Axis of the chart:

2647e34cde9cf2686e6695d462e72788

photo

Hi Niklas,

Thanks for letting me know. I've added that to our internal notes.

I'll move this over to Idea Logged while we wait for feedback!

Yellowfin may send out a customer satisfaction survey. If you receive one and get a moment, please could you give us a rating, it really helps us out!

Kind regards,

Chris

Leave a Comment

Attach a file