Option so that a report is not executed without a filter (regardless of which specific Filter)

Stefan Hall shared this idea 3 months ago
Completed

We hardly ever use reports without filters to limit the amount of data or simply to focus the display on specific topics.

Basically it works well, BUT not if you offer different filters as options and still have to pay attention to the amount of data.

An example: Phone book
Here it would make sense to filter by surname or first name or telephone number.

But you can't make any of these 3 filters a mandatory filter, because you don't know what the user wants to search for. Initially, the report does not show any data so as not to overload the DB and YF. But after the first search with any filter, the user can reset the filters and then the report retrieves ALL data.

Here it would help if you could configure the report so that it is not executed without a filter (no matter which one). That is the idea.

;) Stefan

Replies (2)

photo

Hi Stefan,

This sounds good. I'll double check to see if anyone's suggested anything similar but otherwise I believe we can log this as a new enhancement!

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Stefan,

After a bit of research it looks like this existing idea might suit your needs here: https://community.yellowfinbi.com/topic/mandatory-filter-group

I can see that this post is rather old and our corresponding internal task is set to low priority.

Let me know what you think and if you also believe it matches up we can raise the priority and have it evaluated.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris,
You're right, I had actually already voted for this idea. I had totally forgotten about it.
But the topic is important enough for me to have created an idea. A slightly higher priority would probably be helpful.

Thanks for your support and have a nice weekend!

;) Stefan

photo

Hi Stefan,

As you can probably understand, we want to avoid having duplicate posts for the same thing. However, I'll keep this open for a little while longer whilst I see if we can get some feedback on the original idea and see what the status is.

Enjoy your weekend!

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Stefan,

I hope you're well.

I've flagged this one up with the developer team. As you've previously upvoted the linked post, you should be tagged for when an update comes in.

As it's a duplicate, I'll mark this post as complete.

If you get a moment, please could you complete the follow-up survey, it really helps us improve the team and product!

Enjoy your week!

Kind regards,

Chris

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file