Enables the configuration of default date/time, date and time format

Stefan Hall shared this idea 3 months ago
Idea Logged

Hi,

it is good that there is now also a German date and time format, BUT
the configuration for each date/time, date and time field in each view and report is really annoying for an environment that only uses a certain language. You know that EVERY one of these date/time fields has to be configured manually with many clicks. A time-consuming, pointless activity that is also prone to errors.

The ability to define default formats centrally for the entire system and to use these automatically in the views and reports would be a sensible and time-saving extension to the existing configuration. A long-missed feature, certainly not only for German users.

;) Stefan

Replies (2)

photo

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your suggestion!

Honestly I'm surprised this isn't already part of Yellowfin. We do have some configuration options for both the user to define and those that are set at the org or system level. Usually the client follows what the host machine or browser locale is set to.

I'll check this is not currently possible and if so, raise a new enhancement request with the developer team.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Stefan,

This was requested a little while ago by another client but we don't have a public Idea post for it, so going forward this will serve as that post.

Thanks for drawing attention to this issue, hopefully we can see it added to Yellowfin soon! Let me know if there's anything else you need.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris,
good work. I had searched for similar topics in advance, but unfortunately found nothing. Now everything is together and I can hope for an implementation.

Thanks for your support and have a nice weekend!

;) Stefan

photo

Hi Stefan,

No worries. Have a great weekend!

By the way, I'm not sure whether this particular ticket type causes our system to send out customer satisfaction surveys, but if you receive one for this logged idea and have a couple of minutes to complete it, please do as it helps out our team a lot!

Kind regards,

Chris

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file