Export report or dashboard as PDF get NPE error

Heng Yu shared this question 5 months ago
Completed

Hello

1.When I export the report or dashboard as the PDF format, it will get the error

Error: java.lang.NullPointerException
At:
com.hof.jsp.pdf_jsp._jspService(pdf_jsp.java:113)
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:764)

export to other format is fine.

Application version is 9.7.0.3

Build is 202111215

Java Version is 1.8.0_351

OP is Windows Server 2019

2. I used JDK 1.8.0_121 at first, then I changed to JDK 1.8.0_351, why in the java.libray.path of System Infomation part is still shows jdk1.8.0_121

The following is the java.library.path in Yellowfin

5136186165f561987edd3bf4aa06316f

Thanks

Replies (14)

photo

Hello Heng Yu,

Thanks for reaching out to Yellowfin support.

I hope this message finds you well. We would like to request your assistance in updating your Yellowfin environment to ensure it continues to perform optimally.

To achieve this, we recommend the following steps:

To change the Java path for Yellowfin, please follow the instructions outlined in our wiki article. It provides a step-by-step guide to make this update on Windows systems. You can find the article here:

(https://community.yellowfinbi.com/knowledge-base/article/how-to-change-yellowfins-java-path-windows).

It is crucial to keep your Java version up to date for Yellowfin. We recommend updating to Java version 1.8.0_371 for optimal performance.

In addition to updating your Java version, we also suggest installing Java FX. This will help enhance your Yellowfin experience.

You can find information on how to add JavaFX to your system in the following article:

(https://community.yellowfinbi.com/topic/how-do-i-add-javafx-to-my-system)

Once you've completed these steps, please let us know how it goes. If you encounter any issues or have any questions, feel free to reach out to us.

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

photo

Hello Vamsi,

In our test env, we do not install java fx, and the report and dashboard export as PDF works well.

In our prod env, it gets error when export report or dashboard to PDF.

5e92829e9871c48120cd9a7eef6700ce

I have done the setting follow the change Java path article, it still not work.

c0d7259e47a91d93f1661dca9c06d00c

in above the java.library.path using jdk1.8.0_351(blue line part), but in Yellowfin it shows different

167fca02874aaa4056b51d90b38ab1e2

Thanks

photo

Hello Heng Yu,

Greetings of the Day!

Could you please let me know the below details to proceed further.

1. After you modified the java path did we restarted the YF instance? If not can you please restart the YF instance and let me know how it goes.

2. If this still having the issue can you try with other Java versions like 1.8.0_361 , 1.8.0_371 and let me know if you are seeing the same behaviour?

3. It would be great if you can share the entire logs. You can compress the logs and upload into our FTP server and please specify the file name along with time stamp.

https://ftp.yellowfin.bi/files/

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

photo

Hello Vamsi,

I have restarted the yellowfin service and physical server, it still get the error when export dashboard as pdf.

Since it is a prod env, I would not try those jdk version. But in my dev-env, I have tried jdk 1.8.0_121, 1.8.0_201, 1.8.0_351, both are worked.

I have upload the log file just around the time I try to export the dashboard and report as PDF at 2023-11-08 15:18 and 2023-11-08 15:28. Then I tried to export the report as a docx file, that works. (Only can not expoet as PDF).

The log is upload as Yellowfin_export_error_hy.log at 2023-11-08 15:38 CDT

d164c5357afe607784654ab23349aa81

photo
photo

Hello heng Yu,

Greetings of the Day!

I would like to have a remote session with you regarding this issue. I'll be available in between 9 PM IST to 6 AM IST. Could your please let me know your available time to schedule a meeting?

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

photo

Hello Vamsi,

I am available from 10 am CDT to 4 pm CDT, and I prefer to have the meeting during 12pm CDT to 1pm CDT just in case we need to restart the yellowfin service.

Thanks

Heng Yu (he/him)

Programmer Analyst 2

Planning, Property And Development

Innovation and Technology Division

City of Winnipeg

T. 204-986-7074

E.  hyu@winnipeg.ca

** EXTERNAL EMAIL - USE CAUTION **

New Comment

logo

question_big

50x50_default-avatar

Vamsi Ryali

Hello heng Yu,
Greetings of the Day!
I would like to have a remote session with you regarding this issue. I'll be available in between 9 PM IST to 6 AM IST. Could your please let me know your available time to schedule a meeting?
Regards,
Sri Vamsi

OPEN COMMENT IN BROWSER

Stop receiving notifications about this question
photo

Hello Heng Yu,

Thanks for your response. I'm scheduling a meeting at tomorrow 12PM CDT. Please join on the below link.

Teams Meeting

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

photo

Sounds good.

Thanks

Heng Yu (he/him)

Programmer Analyst 2

City of Winnipeg

T. 204-986-7074

E.  hyu@winnipeg.ca

New Comment

logo

question_big

50x50_default-avatar

Vamsi Ryali

Hello Heng Yu,
Thanks for your response. I'm schedule a meeting at tomorrow 12PM CDT. Please join on the below link.
Teams Meeting
Regards,
Sri Vamsi

OPEN COMMENT IN BROWSER

photo

Hello Vamsi,

I have updated the JDK to 1.8.0_361, and remove all other JDKs pervious installed. After restart the service, the Java Version is changed to 1.8.0_361, but still get the error when exporting the report or dashboard. I have uploaded the debug log in your ftp sever with the file name yellowfin-Heng-20231113.og at 16:13 pm CDT

Thanks

93c7ee69982f8415806f83164c489265

e1461ac7f375cb807210f473277f63b6

photo

Hello Heng Yu,

Greetings of the Day!

Could you please let me know your available time to connect and discuss further on this issue. I'll be available in between 9 PM IST to 6AM IST.

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

photo

Hello Vamsi,

I am available after 9 am CDT to 4 pm CDT the rest of this week except from 10 am to 11 am CDT this Thursday

Thanks

Heng Yu (he/him)

Programmer Analyst 2

City of Winnipeg

T. 204-986-7074

E.  hyu@winnipeg.ca

New Comment

logo

question_big

50x50_default-avatar

Vamsi Ryali

Hello Heng Yu,
Greetings of the Day!
Could you please let me know your available time to connect and discuss further on this issue. I'll be available in between 9 PM IST to 6AM IST.
Regards,
Sri Vamsi

OPEN COMMENT IN BROWSER

photo

Hello Heng Yu,

Thanks for your quick response. I'm scheduling a call tomorrow at 11:30 AM CDT. Please join the meeting using below link.

Teams Meeting

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

photo

Hello Heng Yu,

Greetings of the Day!

I hope this email finds you well. Thank you for joining the call earlier. We appreciate your time and collaboration.

During our discussion, we have changed the external base URL and added the below PDFurl parameter in web.xml file and restarted the service, however the PDF export is not working properly. As discussed in call, I would request you to install the JavaFX version as per the documentation below and let me know how it goes.

(https://community.yellowfinbi.com/topic/how-do-i-add-javafx-to-my-system)

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

photo

Hello Heng Yu,

Greetings for the Day!

We would like to check, with you if you had the opportunity to read our last response.

Request, you to review and let us know if you have any questions or further assistance is required.

Regards

Sri Vamsi

photo

Hello Heng Yu,

This is a follow up reminder, that there has been no activity on the ticket in the last 2 days.

As no activity, it usually means either that you have found the solution for the reported issue or that the matter is no longer relevant.

Without any activity, we assume that the ticket can be closed within 5 days (2 days from now).

If this is not the case, please do let us know how we can be of further assistance.

We would be glad/pleased to assist you.

Regards

Sri Vamsi

photo

Hello Heng Yu,

This email is to notify you that, you have identified the solution for the reported issue or that this ticket can be resolved for now.

As we find no activity, we are going ahead and mark this ticket as Completed. However, if you ever wanted to revisit this or have anything else we could help you with, please let me know.

We would be glad/pleased to assist you.

Regards

Sri Vamsi

photo

Hello Vamsi,

Sorry for the late reply. I was got other higher priority task than this, so have not test it recently.

Anyway, I have tried it using JDK 11 and Java FX 15, but still can not export the PDF.

bffc64a9b163a15859e8bf52d76dcb0d3e29cacb3f6151bc5d7e45430cf808bc

Any suggestions?

Thanks

photo
photo

Hello Vamsi,

Hope you have a great holiday.

I have tried it using JDK 11 and Java FX 15, but still can not export the PDF.

I have replied to the  question Broadcast & Report Export.

However, due to my late response, the question is closed. And I do not know if you can see my reply.

Thanks

Heng Yu (he/him)

Programmer Analyst 2

City of Winnipeg

T. 204-986-7074

E.  hyu@winnipeg.ca

New Comment

logo

question_big

50x50_default-avatar

Vamsi Ryali

Hello Heng Yu,
Thanks for your quick response. I'm scheduling a call tomorrow at 11:30 AM CDT. Please join the meeting using below link.
Teams Meeting
Regards,
Sri Vamsi

OPEN COMMENT IN BROWSER

Leave a Comment

Attach a file