Private Report Export

Jasper Dan Estareja shared this idea 5 months ago
Completed

Can Yellowfin allow private reports to be exported? At least allow it for the report Owner or maybe the System Admin account.
This will make it easier to move reports between a Test and Production environment.

Replies (5)

photo

Hello Jasper,

Thanks for reaching out to Yellowfin support.

Please allow me some time so I can investigate this. Meanwhile could you please let me know what version and build of Yellowfin you are currently running?

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hi Sharwari,

Here's our Yellowfin environment details:
5a86f5626a6929cb838e9b2ccfdb4f65

photo

Hello Jasper,

Thank you for your quick response. I have looked into this, and I can confirm that Yellowfin does allow private reports to be exported. To enable system administrators to export private reports, please follow these steps:

1. Go to Configuration -> Authentication -> General Settings.
2. Enable the "Allow Content Super User function" option.
3. Next, navigate to the Admin console -> Roles -> System Administrator.
4. Under the "Administration" tab, enable the "Content Super User" option.
5. After making these changes, log out and log back in to see the effect.

Once you have completed these steps, you should be able to export private reports. For a more detailed walkthrough, you can also check out the below video recording:
https://ftp.yellowfin.bi/f/b861dffa9b58feb2

Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions or concerns. I am here to assist you.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hi Sharwari,

That worked, thank you!
You may close this ticket now.

photo

Hello Jasper,

Thanks you so much for confirmation. I really appreciate your response. I will go ahead and mark this case as completed. Feel free to reach out to us if you have any other questions or concerns; we would be more than happy to assist you.

Have a great rest of your day!

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

Leave a Comment

Attach a file