Formatting String as a QR Code (2D Barcode)

Igor S. shared this idea 6 months ago
Not Planned

Hey Support Team,

is there any way in Yellowin to show a string as a QR-Code in the reports ? For example, something like a QR Formatter ? Also which images can be shown directly in yellowfin from a BLOB column ?

Replies (7)

photo

Hi Igor,

I hope all is well and apologies for the delay in responding. With this I have not been made aware of said option within Yellowfin, with this I have questioned this with the wider team. I am hoping to get some updates as soon as possible.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Igor,

I hope all is well,

Just to let you know I am still actively chasing this up, albeit no movement from our wider team. With this, I will also reach out to our Consultancy Team to see if we can speed this up.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Igor,

I hope all is well,

I have since discussed this with the wider team (Consultant) and it appears he was unable to successfully action such request;

"There are some open source QR code generators available, but I can't think of a way to call them from a table cell in a report. I'm wondering whether it might be possible to use a calculated field to build up some HTML which includes a script of some kind and then use the HTML Formatter on the column,"

With this Igor, and as mentioned, I have raised this with our developers to see what options we have, albeit no feedback as of yet.

What next?

I will mark this as Enhancement Logged to have this looked at further by the wider team. I hope this is ok.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Igor,

I hope all is well,

I have since had feedback from the Development Team of which as it stands, we do not have such functionality for showing strings as QR codes in reports. From a BLOB column, we can get any kind of images, audio, video, or other large chunks of binary data.

What next?

I will now go ahead and have this raised as an Enhancement. Please let me know your feedback on this or if there is any additional information that needs to be added that you feel would further assist.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Igor,

I hope all is well,

Having discussed this with our development team, it has been determined that it is unlikely that we would build an out of the box string to QR code capability.

As an alternative would the option of using some utility and store the image in your database, and then retrieve and display that image as a report? Let me know your thoughts.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Igor,

I hope all is well and I hope you had a good weekend. Moving forward with this, I just want to touch base to see if you had chance to read through my updated response. If you can get back to me that would be great.

I look forward to your response.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Igor,

I hope all is well,

I know it's only been 2 days since my last response, however, I Just want to touch base to see if you had chance to go through my response. If you can get back to me that would be great.

I look forward to your response.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file