Using "maximum value" in filter breaks parent-child filter relationship

Jonah Vanderschoor shared this problem 7 months ago
Completed

Using maximum value in a parent filter does not work with a child filter if the child filters values are set to
"Dependent Values, Only values related to the selected parent values will be displayed."
Further, when a child and parent filter are both set to "maximum value" the child filter doesn't actually select the maximum based on the parent filter, but rather just returns "0"
Could this please be fixed as I am doing work for clients who would like this functionality.
Currently on v9.8

Replies (4)

photo

Hello Johan Vanderschoor

Thank you for reaching out to the yellowfin support

Could you please provide the replication video of the steps you are performing from scratch so I can watch what you are doing while I look into this issue.
In the ftp link provided below, you can share any files or folders. By selecting the upload file option on the ftp link, you can upload the file without logging in. https://ftp.yellowfin.bi/file

Could you please share info.jsp. To access this page, just append info.jsp to your YF URL.
E.g. http://localhost:8080/info.jsp

Regards

Siddhartha

photo

Hello Johan Vanderschoor

I just want to touch base to see if you had chance to read through below response. If you can let us know that would be great.

Regards

Siddhartha

photo

Hello Johan Vanderschoor

Greetings for the Day.

This is a follow up reminder that 2 days have passed without any activity in this ticket. When there's no activity, it usually means either that you have identified the solution for the reported issue or that the matter is no longer relevant and after 5 days (2 days from now) without any activity, we assume that the ticket can be closed.

If this is not the case, please do reply and let us know how we can be of further assistance, we would be happy to assist.

Regards

Siddhartha

photo

Hello Johan Vanderschoor

Greetings for the Day.

This email is to notify you that we believe that you have identified the solution for the reported issue or that this ticket can be resolved for now. Because of age and inactivity I am going to go ahead and mark this ticket as Completed. However, if you ever wanted to revisit this or have anything else I can help you with, please let us know, we will be more than happy to do so.

Regards

Siddhartha

Leave a Comment

Attach a file