Add the ability to set a user's date format by the REST API

Ingo Klose shared this idea 8 months ago
Idea Logged

Hello,

I have two clients who want to work with Yellwofin in an embedded scenario and need to change user related settings via the REST API Endpoint

/api/admin/users/{userId}

We noticed that the date format can not be set via the API.

bff6a00d1b498de790852d7778fc2aa3

Is that just missing in the docs or is the API not supporting that. If it is not supporting it, we would like to raise an enhancement request for this field at least.

Replies (7)

photo

Hi Ingo,

I took the liberty of creating a public enhancement post so that other members of the Community can vote for this idea and hopefully raise its visibility with the developer team. I hope that's okay!

If there's nothing else I'll mark this as Idea Logged.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Ingo,

I'll move this to Idea Logged but do let me know if there's anything else you want to add.

Enjoy the rest of your week!

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris,

any update on this idea?

THX

photo

Hi Ingo,

I hope you're well!

Although I don't have any update for you right now, I will bring this up in our meeting with the product team early next week and try to get you something more concrete.

I'll keep this on hold while we wait to hear more.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Ingo,

Just to update you, it does look like the developers are looking for ways to expand the API and this is a great example for such an improvement. That's good news and means we might soon see this in a future update of Yellowfin. In the meantime, I'll move this back to Idea logged.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the update...just added another idea as a ticket for an endpoint to do JWT/SAML sso login via REST. https://community.yellowfinbi.com/ticket/28468

Best regards,

Ingo

photo

Hi Ingo,

No worries, I advised my colleague on that ticket earlier. I see she's logged a separate enhancement request as suggested.

I hope you have a good week!

Kind regards,

Chris

Leave a Comment

Attach a file