Import view shows wrong date information and warnings

Stefan Hall shared this problem 8 months ago
Defect Logged

Hi,

the first time I had to rely on the details and warnings during import to import the correct reports/views. Unfortunately, the dialog currently contains too much incorrect information and is not helpful, rather the opposite is true.

I use versions 9.8.2.2 and 9.9, in both versions are the same errors.

Explanation for the errors on the screenshot

1. for views the last modification date is not shown, not even for other views. From my point of view it is the creation date, which nobody needs at this point.
  2. the last import is from 02.08.2023, which is correct.
  3. the last changes were on 04.08.2023 BUT definitely not at 12AM
  4. completely wrong is the warning that the import (04.08) is older than the existing reports (max. 02.08 see point 2). Exactly the opposite is the case. If I change the report in the target system, then the target system is more current BUT no warning appears. Strange, you seem to check the two dates the wrong way around.

;) Stefan

2277b1637b63e8988384185cea91aef6

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for submitting your issue.

1. I can see this is a problem and will submit a bug ticket.

3. I can also see some strangeness with the last modified times on ski team reports and will include this in the above ticket.

4. I'll need to investigate this a bit further and get back to you. Are you importing from the reports from a different system here? What does the last modified date show in the report browse page?

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris,

yes, it is an export from another system with same time server sync and settings.

- for the view 4/8/2023 8:52 PM and
- for the reports 4/8/2023 8:51 AM to 8:54 AM

;) Stefan

photo

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for letting me know. I've logged a bug for the first and third points and will take a look into this last issue.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Stefan,

I've confirmed that the logic does appear to be swapped for the import warning.

For this issue I'm going to create a separate ticket so it can be tracked individually.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Stefan,

You can follow that ticket over here: https://community.yellowfinbi.com/ticket/28145

I'll move this one to defect logged whilst we wait to hear more from the developer team.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Alright, will you please set this ticket to broken then so I can keep track of it in my account. There are already a few open problems/defects.
Thanks for your support

;) Stefan

photo

Yep, will do. No worries and I hope you have a good week.

- Chris

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file