audit content cannot be imported - Oh no, error message

Stefan Hall shared this problem 9 months ago
Defect Fixed

Hi,

I have downloaded the latest audit pack and am trying to import this into YF 9.9 fresh or updated.

I don't get far, the import fails immediately with the well known generic error message.... Oh no, an error has occurred ...

In the log I find the following message, see attachment, The content seems to be corrupt

;) Stefan

Replies (4)

photo

Hello Stefan,

Thank you for reaching out to yellowfin support,

I'm able to replicate this in 9.8.2.2 and few more versions as well and could see the same error.

The defect is already raised, and this is currently planned to be resolved in 9.10. However, I will update this page if there is any new information.

Regards

Nishant

photo

Hi Nishant,

Thank you for the information.

BUT are you sure that it is a good idea not to provide an audit pack to all new customers for such a long period of time (at least since v9.8)?

Now maybe it will be solved with 9.10, but the change of minor versions also takes months. I am not satisfied with that. Just create a new content, the views/reports are not directly related to a YF version.

;) Stefan

photo

Hello Stefan,

I hope all is well,

According to the updates, if it is necessary at this time. We can only offer interim builds, however 9.10 is not far away.

Regards

Nishant

photo

Hi Nishant,

not far, sounds like 6-8 weeks at least and interim sounds good to me. I would like to try a little with it already and also learn a little from good examples.

I would be happy to get a interim build and also don't open tickets here in case of errors. I wait with it then for the real version ;)

;) Stefan

photo

Hi Nishant,

you have changed the status again. Do I still get the interim build as I wrote? I have not received a download link from you yet.

;) Stefan

photo

Hello Stefan,

I hope all is well,

As per your request here is the link to get interim build https://ftp.yellowfin.bi/f/4511ef5dce68696f.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards

Nishant

photo

Hi Nishant,

You have misunderstood me. I wanted the interim build of the audit content, not the old YF versions.. Currently I am already using version 9.9

;) Stefan

photo

Hello Stefan,

Thanks for the response,

This interim build includes a fix for audit content that will be officially implemented in 9.10. If you are already on 9.9, I can go back to the team and ask them for 9.9 interim build that fixes the audit content issue. Hope that makes sense.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards

Nishant

photo

Hi Nisahnt,

hmm, is it worth the effort, am unsure. For when is the version 9.10 planned?

;) Stefan

photo

Hello Stefan,

I hope all is well,

There is currently no set date, but it would occur in September or earlier. If 9.9 interim is necessary, you may confirm it for me. I think that would be a good temporary workaround for you.

Regards

Nishant

photo

Hi Nishant,

Thank you for your support. If version 9.10 is released in September, that's OK for me.
I have so many other bugs open that I don't want to introduce additional bugs with an interim solution.

I prefer to wait and see.

Thanks again and greetings from Berlin

;) Stefan

photo

Hello Stefan,

Thank you for the response,

I will go ahead and change this ticket status to "defect logged". I will let you know if we have new updates.

Regards

Nishant

photo
photo

Hi Nishant,

do you have a new stand for me after the Marketplace is abolished and the audit content is re-uploaded to GIT?
I downloaded the audit content from the new location and I can't import it either. Surely you still uploaded the old broken content not a few hours before the 9.10 release?

;) Stefan

photo

Hello Stefan,

I hope all is well,

At this point of time my only suggestion is to wait for 9.10 release. As that will have a fix for audit content. However, as a workaround we can use our older version of Audit Content, I have attached below.

As this is an older version it will be missing the new features and content.

Regards

Nishant

photo

Hello Stefan,

I hope all is well,

We would like to inform you that, this issue has been addressed and fixed in our 9.10 version which was released on 11th November 2023. You can find release notes and downloads here - https://portal.yellowfinbi.com/public/releases/home

For now, we will go ahead and mark this ticket as "Defect Fixed" for the time being. If you require any assistance, feel free to reach out to us.

Regards

Nishant

photo

Hi Nishant,

Thank you for your information. Unfortunately the release notes are not published. v9.9 is the latest information behind your link.

;) Stefan

photo

Hello Stefan,

Thank you for your response,

Our Product team is working on it, and we should be seeing the notes as early as possible.

Regards

Nishant

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file