Date functions not showing up in drop down list

Luca Pretti shared this problem 9 months ago
Completed

I have created a YF view starting from a Firebird View where a field is casted as Date. The fields type is categorized correctly as Date by YF but when I try to create a date function the is no function in the drop down list. (see the attachment)

Replies (14)

photo

Hi Pretti,

Thanks for reaching out to Yellowfin support.

In order to proceed further, would you kindly provide the information below:
1. I would require info.jsp file. To access this page, just append info.jsp to your YF url.
E.g. http://localhost:8080/info.jsp

2. If possible, could you please share the screen recording of the process you are doing and upload it into our ftp server?

https://ftp.yellowfin.bi/files/

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

photo

062508c8a7ce8ad874221e4524ba76be

photo

Hi Preeti,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Please allow me sometime to review the details shared with us. I'll get back to you soon with an update.

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

photo

Hi Preeti,

Greetings of the Day!

In order to see the problem and make it clear, I would like to have a remote session. Please let me know your availability for a call. I'm available Monday to Friday from 6:00 AM to 03:00 PM IST.

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

photo

Thank you. I will be ready for a call tomorrow (26 July) at 00:30 PM (09:00 local time in Rome).

What are we going to use for the call ?

photo
photo

Hi Pretti,

Thanks for your response.

Sure, Could you please join the at teams meeting at 12:30PM IST?

Teams Meeting

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

photo

During the meeting we agreed to test the "date function" availability with another data source.

I configured a new data-source pointing to a local MS SQL Server instance.

I can now confirm the with this data-source the "date functions" are correctly listed in the drop down menu.

So the problem seems linked with the database type.

With Firebird as a data-source the "date functions" do not show up in the drop down list.

photo

Hi Pretti,

Thanks for the confirmation.

It's good to hear that the Date functions are working correctly with MS SQL server and SKI Team data sources. Please let me know if you require any further assistance or have any questions.

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

photo

The problem is that many of my customers use Firebird as database.

I am now evaluating your product and this could be a serious issue for me, that can lead me not to choose it for my future developments.

Please let me know if this issue will be addressed or not.

photo
photo

Hi Pretti,

Please allow me sometime to investigate on this issue. we are actively working on this and will get back to you with a detailed update as soon as possible

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

photo

Hello Pretti,

I hope all is well,

This is to keep you informed that, we have further investigated this issue in our local environment and submitted an internal ticket to the development team. We will touch base with the team and fast-track the investigation process.

Please allow us some time and rest assured that we will actively work with the development team and get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards

Nishant

photo

Hello Pretti,

I hope this email finds you well.After reviewing this issue with our Product team, we would like to inform you that at this point in time, we won't be proceeding with adding date function support for FireBird data sources. While we certainly understand the importance of this functionality, we may have find an alternate way to proceed further.

With regards to this, you may need to create your own calculated fields or custom functions (templates) that can replicate the desired functionality of the data functions. This approach will enable you to achieve similar outcomes and maintain the level of data processing efficiency you require.

I hope I have answered your questions. Feel free to let us know if you need any assistance, if not we can go ahead and mark this case as completed for now.

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

photo

Hello Pretti,

Greetings for the Day!

We would like to check, with you if you had the opportunity to read our last response.

Request, you to review and let us know if you have any questions or further assistance is required.

Regards

Sri Vamsi

photo

Hi.

Yes I read the response but on my opinion it is not satisfactory at all.

I now have strong doubts about the software architecture of your product. 

Data manipulation on the resulting dataset should be totally agnostic about the kind of data source. 

Unfortunately this issue will keep me from adopting your product. 

Thanks for your support. 

Best regards. 

Luca Pretti 

-------- Messaggio originale --------

Da: Yellowfin Support <support@yellowfin.bi>

Data: 15/08/23 07:42 (GMT+01:00)

A: Luca Pretti <luca.pretti@facts.it>

Oggetto: New Comment in "Date functions not showing up in drop down list"

photo

Hello Luca Pretti,

I hope you are doing well. Happy Monday!

Thank you for your response on this case with your feedback, I really appreciate it. I would like to step in here on behalf of Vamsi Ryali, I was reading through the responses in this ticket, and I would like to summarize bit in detailed with the necessary information as below.

Based on the communication we had with the Product team, this is not a bug. There are no supported date functions for Firebird database in FirebirdInfo.java as there is for a lot of other database types that are extending GenericJDBCInfo.java. With regards to this scenario, you may need to create your own calculated fields or custom functions (templates) that can replicate the desired functionality of the data functions. This approach will enable you to achieve similar outcomes and maintain the level of data processing efficiency you require.

We tried our best to consolidate and put together with the Product team, unfortunately there is not much we could do on this one from a Support standpoint but you can get in touch with the accountable CSM (Customer Success Manager) who can further assist. Additioanlly, if you can provides a list of functions you need - for example "extracting month/week from a date", "difference between two dates" or "day name" etc. we will see what best we can do at least to come up with a workaround to check if any further work can be done.

I will look forward for your response.

Regards

Sainath Yadav

Manager, Technical Support

E: sainath.yadav@yellowfin.bi

photo

Hello Luca Pretti,

I hope this message finds you well. After thorough investigation and discussions with our product team, it has been confirmed that Firebird database does not support the date functions you were inquiring about.

In light of this, I'm going to go ahead and mark this ticket as Completed for now. If you need any further assistance with any other aspect of our product or service, please feel welcome to reach out to us at any time.

Thank you for your understanding, and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

Leave a Comment

Attach a file