I would like to be able to hide an individual filter

Zack Wilson shared this idea 9 months ago
Idea Logged

I would like to be able to hide an individual filter on a Report for the purpose of that report being used as a drill through source (but it is still used as a main report in itself). Right now, I just add the text, "(for drill through)". This is not ideal, as it just provides clutter to the filter pane.

Replies (7)

photo

Hello Zack Wilson

Thank you for reaching out to the Yellowfin support.

We are currently reviewing this case. We will get back to you with the findings shortly.

Regards,

Siddhartha

photo

Hello Zack Wilson

Please send a screenshot or any example of your requirement so that we can better understand.

Regards

Siddhartha

photo

Siddhartha,

Thank you for getting back to me and considering this idea. This is fairly basic, but I have several reports that I could use this. Yellowfin is a great tool and I love the feature of being able to drill through to other reports to get more detail. Below is a screenshot of simply removing one (or some cases multiple) filter(s) from the filter pane in a Report (not a dashboard).
5127570b694156dfedf9318217a48cf0

Thanks,

Zack

photo

Hello Zack Wilson

Thank you for your response. I will check with my wider team and get back to you soon.

Regards

Siddhartha

photo

Hello Zack Wilson

We Don't have an option to hide an individual filter but we have an option in filter settings to minimise the filters on the report. Using this option we cannot see all the filters after publishing the report.

1799ff357a999caa7263196d2e2f3f6a

If this is not useful for you can you please provide your business requirement about this option so that I can raise an enhancement and inform our development team.

Regards

Siddhartha

photo

Siddhartha,

This is not useful.

I believe I stated my "business requirement" in the original question. I do not want a specific filter to be visible because it's only reason for being there is to be used on another report's drill through.

95beef5f7cefeb45d15a25e9cf59c442

Thanks,

Zack

photo

Hello Zack Wilson

I've raised this public enhancement on your behalf for this idea. I am going to mark this ticket as 'Idea Logged' for now so I can keep track with the Jira ID. once anything I here from development team I will update here.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Regards

Siddhartha

Leave a Comment

Attach a file