Reports show time in UTC instead of local time

Manikandan Appar shared this question 9 months ago
Answered

We are using Yellowfin 9.8,

Our customer raised concern saying the date value showing in the UTC time.

In the database, we are storing the date in the UTC format, and we are trying to show the local time but we are unable to configure the particular column or many columns as part of the report.

We are unable to display those column values in the local zone offset.

Can you please guide us?

Replies (17)

photo

Hello Manikandan,

Thanks for contacting the Yellowfin support team,

Allow me some time to look into this issue, I'll investigate this issue internally and get back to you with my findings.

Regards,

Chaithanya V M.

photo

Thanks Chaitanya.

CAUTION: This email is external. Do not click links or attachments that are unexpected or from unknown senders. If unsure, click the Report Phishing Button in Outlook.

photo

Hello Manikandan,

After reviewing your request, I have found the Yellowfin Kb article which helps you to apply a timezone offset to a report.

KB Article: https://community.yellowfinbi.com/knowledge-base/article/how-do-i-apply-a-timezone-offset-to-a-report

We would like to recommend applying this to any test reports first! Please let me know how it goes!

I hope this will help! feel welcome to reply here if any further related inquiries, I'm happy to help!

Regards,

Chaithanya V M.

photo

Hello Manikandan,

I hope you are doing well!

I just want to touch base to see if you had a chance to read through my response. If you can get back to me that would be great.

Regards,

Chaithanya V M.

photo

Hi Chaittanya,

Thanks for following and asking the input.

We are still verifying the setup, will get back to you by tomorrow.

Regards,

Mani

CAUTION: This email is external. Do not click links or attachments that are unexpected or from unknown senders. If unsure, click the Report Phishing Button in Outlook.

photo

Hello Manikandan,

Thanks for your quick response with an update, Until then I will be marking the status as awaiting a response!

Regards,

Chaithanya V M.

photo

Hi Chaitanya,

As suggested in the KB article, we made the change to the column, time is getting converted to respective time zone.

We have more than 120+ reports so need to make all those reports into similar way, doing manually edit and make this change is tedious process.

Do we have any solution to achieve all the reports?

Regards,

Mani

photo

Hello Manikandan, Good Day!

Thanks for the confirmation! To update all reports at once, I feel if we can convert the field time zone in View level means it will reflect the respective field in the report!

To Archive that,

• Edit the view and select Prepare!

0c5c882bb4976e0bf325b51ff99455b3

• Select the timestamp field which you wanted to convert! and click on the 3 dots we can able to see the options, We can able to see the Convert option, Please click on the convert option it will give us a pop-up window as below

73fe20d1d02ac77629e958b1ff956da3542ddd38ecb216e1b6c4b3eb934b0eba

• Click on the Time zone and select the local time zone from the drop-down and save the changes!
  • Please log out and log in once.
  • I hope if we are using the same field in the reports changes will reflect in the reports as well!

I hope this will help! Please let me how it goes!

Regards,

Chaithanya V M.

photo

I just want to touch base to see how things are going, If you can get back to me with an update that would be great!

Thanks!

Regards,

Chaithanya V M.

photo

Hi Chaitanya –

We will update to you on Monday.

Regards,

Mani

photo

Hello Manikandan,

I hope you had a great weekend!

Just wanted to check in and see how it's all going, If you can get back to me that would be great.

Thanks!

Regards,

Chaithanya V M.

photo

Hi Chaitanya,

We got some activity so couldn’t be able to respond back on time.

This solution is work well if many reports used the same view but in our case many reports used one-to-one mapping (one view – one report) so just want to understand any other solution available.

Can we meet 30mins when you/your team available so that we can explain our situation.

Also, can please make this ticket publicly accessible https://community.yellowfinbi.com/ticket/27938?access_key=44157-ead30740 because outside our team they want to see the comments.

Regards,

Mani

photo

I have completely understood your situation here, But in this mapping scenario (one view – one report) I don't think we have any other options, as previously suggested we need to follow the same manual procedure to achieve this!

But I will check this with my wider team once and confirm with you by tomorrow!

Sure, I have converted this private ticket as a question, I hope now everyone can able to access it!

Thanks!

Chaithanya V M.

photo

Hello Manikandan, Good day!

Upon reviewing this request with the wider team, The wider team also confirmed that we don't have any other solution to (one view – one report) update all the reports. Apologies for the bad news!

Please feel free to respond here if you have any additional questions, I am happy to help!

Thanks!

photo

I just want to touch base to see if we have any other questions. If there are no more questions, I'll go ahead and mark this as a ticket as completed.
We would appreciate hearing your opinion on this.

Thanks,

Chaithanya V M.

photo

Hi Chaitanya

As of now, no action is required.

Thanks,

Manikandan

photo

Hi Manikandan, Good Day!

Thanks for the confirmation! I will go ahead and mark this ticket as completed for now.

feel welcome to reply here if any further related inquiries.

Thanks!

Chaithanya V M.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file