How do I add the tutorial content (Ski Team) after installing Yellowfin?

Andrew Hess shared this question 10 months ago
Completed

Hi there,

I have an existing Yellowfin installation on which I want to provide the Ski Team tutorial content. The tutorial content was not included during the original installation. Reinstallation isn't an option.

I have Yellowfin 9.8.1.2 installed on SUSE Linux.

Thanks.

Replies (8)

photo

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for reaching out to Yellowfin support.

We are working on your issue. Could you please allow us sometime, we will get back to you with an update.

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

photo

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for reaching out with your question. I've attached a rar file containing the 9.8.1.2 tutorial database and yfx file to import the relevant content.

1. Extract the contents of the attached tar file.
  2. Shut down Yellowfin.
  3. Replace your tutorialdata directory, at <YellowfinInstall>/tutorialdata, with the directory inside the archive.
  4. Start up Yellowfin.
  5. Remove all of your Ski Team reports and dashboards through the browse interface.
  6. Import the included yfx file using 'Restore' option.

dd3c067d568cbd7cbb0719a9e8d9b288

1. Click Import.
  2. Test your content.

Please let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

photo

Hi Andrew,

Greetings for the Day!

We would like to check, with you if you had the opportunity to read our last response.

Request, you to review and let us know if you have any questions or further assistance is required.

Regards

Sri Vamsi

photo

Hello!

Thank you for the quick response. We haven't yet attempted to implement your instructions. We'll reach out with any concerns.

Andrew

photo
photo

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your response. Sure, please let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

photo

Hi Andrew,

Greetings for the Day!

We would like to check, with you if you had the opportunity to read our last response.

Request, you to review and let us know if you have any questions or further assistance is required.

Regards

Sri Vamsi

photo

Dear Andrew,

This is a follow up reminder, that there has been no activity on the ticket in the last 2 days.

As no activity, it usually means either that you have found the solution for the reported issue or that the matter is no longer relevant.

Without any activity, we assume that the ticket can be closed within 5 days (2 days from now).

If this is not the case, please do let us know how we can be of further assistance.

We would be glad/pleased to assist you.

Regards

Sri Vamsi

photo

Hello,

Thank you for your assistance with my question. I think that we have it figured out.

Thanks again,

Andrew

photo

Hi Andrew,

That's great to hear! If that's all good, I'll go ahead and mark this as complete.

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

Leave a Comment

Attach a file