PostgreSQL sources do not have the procedure option within Yellowfin

Pratap Singh shared this idea 11 months ago
Completed

PostgreSQL sources do not have the procedure option within Yellowfin. From what we can see this is was due to a change in PostgreSQL JDBC driver: https://github.com/pgjdbc/pgjdbc/issues/1340

In Postgres FUNCTIONs return resultsets, where in other databases, PROCEDUREs do that.

Until recently the getProcedures() call in the PostgreSQL JDBC driver would return functions from Postgres. This allowed functions that returned a resultset to be accessed by Yellowfin.

However, a recent change to the JDBC driver has stopped functions being returned by getProcedures(). This is generally returning nothing, and why the procedures option is not shown in Yellowfin.

We need to change Yellowfin to support Functions to be able to support the functionality that we used to have.

Replies (2)

photo

Hi Pratap,

I hope all is well,

I have since raised this as an Enhancement with our Development team. I will update as and when I can.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Pratap,

I hope all is well,

I come with news that we have since implemented this Enhancement request. We can find this within our 9.10 release. Because of this I will now mark this ticket as Completed.

Going forward if you have any issues, please let me know. I would be more than happy to assist where I can.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file