Is there a way to change the Default setting for Report List View?

Stefan Hall shared this idea 2 years ago
Idea Logged

Hi,

when users first log in and browse reports, they see large icons. The list view with description and more details would be better.

Is there any way to change the default for ConfigCode = 'REPORTLISTVIEW' from 'THUMBNAILS' to 'LIST' or is this value hard coded again?

Unfortunately, the initial login also does not create a record for the user, otherwise I could have solved it with a DB trigger.

;) Stefan

Replies (2)

photo

Hi Stefan,

The thumbnail layout view is defaulted for all new users and cannot be changed on a default or global level. Instead the user must change the layout themselves via the browse page (if they wanted to), which will then create the entry in the DB. Though at that point there is no need for a DB insert query.

What I've done is switched this to a product Idea so it can be reviewed by the product team for a future release.

Until such a feature is available the users will have to change manually post log-in.

Sorry I could not be of further assistance here.

Thanks,David

photo

Too bad hard-coded is always a bad development idea.

Maybe you can help me after all. Where do I see in the DB that a user has logged in.

• Which records are created at the first login?
  • Is there a "Last login date"?

;) Stefan

photo

The feature request has been raised, so I'm sure it will change in the future.

As for catching login events, yup, you can easily do via EVENT table.

select * from Event
where EventCode='Login'
You can then look at the event date for last login.

Hope this helps Stefan!

Regards,

David

photo

thank you, that helps me. With this I can work around your hard coding at db level.

;) Stefan

photo

Anytime.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file