Predefined Period - Date values

DN_Yellowfin shared this idea 4 years ago
Idea Logged

I would like a scheduled report that runs for a predefined period - Last 7 days every week . However it really does not serve any purpose when the report pdf that gets delivered just shows as last 7 days instead of 5/6/2019 1:59:59 PM To 5/12/2019 12:00:00 AM.

How do I display the values on the report?

Replies (5)

photo

Any updates?

photo

I would like a scheduled report that runs for a predefined period - Last 7 days every week . However it really does not serve any purpose when the report pdf that gets delivered just shows as last 7 days instead of 5/6/2019 1:59:59 PM To 5/12/2019 12:00:00 AM.

How do I display the values on the report?

photo

Hi there,

Apologies for the delayed reply, we have seen a spike in requests recently and have had staff out for training. I am not quite sure what you are looking to achieve with this, could you please give me some more context around your data and what you are looking to see in the report so I can assist further?

The Last 7 Days pre-defined period is set to run from the current date (end of day) minus 7 days (start of day). Are you looking to see the last 7 days not including the current day, and using the timestamp that the report is being broadcast?

With a bit more information I can hopefully get you what you are looking for. Can you also confirm which version of Yellowfin you are running in case there are any specifics around your version that I need to consider.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Thank you for the response. So my scenario is to create a report that is scheduled every week Wednesday that runs data for the last 7 days. For this I am using the predefined date period last 7 days which is great, however when I open the pdf export I see the filter just say as Last 7 days instead of the date range. I save all the pdf s and anytime I open on of them the filter shows last 7 days and unless I look at the data or rename the file , the report filter states last 7 days.

photo

Thank you for the clarification. Unfortunately at this time this is not possible, however I have raised this as an enhancement to be reviewed for a future version of Yellowfin. I will keep you updated via this request as it progresses.

Your broadcast filename (though it won't have the range used), can be setup to append the broadcast date, which would give you some separation between files (being the end date of the filter). If you do not have this set up already, please go to your report and edit your existing broadcast and check Append Broadcast Date.

Is there anything else I can assist with at this time?

Cheers,

Neal

Leave a Comment

Attach a file