Support for custom login page
We are currently in the process of integrating Yellowfin with SSO via SAML for one of our clients. I'm using the SAML Bridge from the marketplace, and it works well when using dologin.jsp as a custom SSO login portal.
However, there is one user workflow that's not possible at the moment, and that is the following:
1. User clicks bookmark for specific report.
2. User is not logged in currently.
3. User is redirected to standard login portal instead of the custom SSO login portal.
4. User must go to SSO login portal manually, then later return to the original link.
What we need is some way to configure the user to redirect to the SSO auth page automatically in case they are not logged in, and also to preserve the query string so that they can be redirected back to their original destination.
This presents some design difficulties given a multi-tenant (client org) deployment because:
1. One SSO Auth page (i.e. SAML bridge) will be deployed per tenant.
2. User must be redirected to the SSO Auth page relevant to their tenant, or to the regular login page if no SSO page is set.
Those are the basic requirements, but obviously there may be more integrated way to implement it.
Clearly this will require some additional development, but I think it would really complete the SSO (SAML) integration story for Yellowfin, which can be a real selling point.
Please let me know what can be done here.