Summary displaying in wrong Position?

mounika shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

Hi Yellowfin Team,

I did one report,in these report there is no data,

While summary displaying in wrong position

please find my attached file what ever am facing an issue

Comments (10)

photo
2

Hi Mounika,


I hope all is well,


Looking through your attached document I can see 3 images.


Image 1 = Report showing results for selected dates with "Summary" at the top.

Image 2 = Report showing selected dates.

Image 3 = Report showing no results from selected dates with "Summary" at the bottom.


Can I question if the no results retuned is expected behavior from the dates selected on your report? if so can I assume the main issue lies with the title of your question "Summary displaying in wrong Position?" with this and to further assist with the title question, can I please question the following:


  1. What Layout Format do you have within the General Settings of the Report Summary? I'm assuming you have Top.
  2. Does the positioning of the Summary only appear at the bottom when having no results?
  3. What version/build are you currently running?
  4. Can you send your logs?


Unfortunately I tried to replicate this issue with many different ways but I was not successful. I would be keep to know more about this specific report, how it was built etc. and going forward having access to this report; login credentials to your YF Instance would be of an advantage. I look forward to your reply.


Regards,

Mark

photo
1

Thank you for your reply,

You have asked me few questions, I would like to give to answer you in the corresponding manner. please find below.


1. Below I have attached a file for layout settings, go through that.

2.Yes, if there is no data then summary position is changed. But I don't want like that. Summary should always be at the top isrrespective of data present or not.

3.7.3 version

4. Please find the attached file.

photo
photo
1

Hi Mounika,


I hope all is well,


I just want to touch base and question whether or not you require any further assistance with this issue. If you can please get back to me asap I would appreciate this greatly. I look forward to your reply.


Regards,

Mark

photo
1

Hi Mounika,


Thank you for supplying me with the information that I requested. I have since done some testing and I have replicated what you are experiencing. I have done this by using the "Co-Display" option of which this expected behaviour when having this enabled. See images below:


8569d1a7ddd2bfe42388ae95159e6532


0098f5f1f5edb692b99ffb222f53903b


1bcb49cc9f1cbf2b233245bf59026a5a


Can I question whether or not you have used this option? I look forward to your reply.


Regards,

Mark

photo
1

Hi,

I just tried your idea of adding "Co-Display" report named 'Summary' to my report. While viewing Report Co-displayed report is there. But when I add to my dashboard , that 'Summary' report is not viewing. Please check below attached images. Also I tried, adding summary to my original report and again adding co-display. But still it didn't work. This issue comes only when there is no data.

photo
photo
1

Hi Mounika,


Thank you for getting back to me, I will investigate further with a set of data that returns no results to see what results I get. Expect to receive a reply from myself within the next few hours. I hope this is ok.


Regards,

Mark

photo
1

Hi Mounika,


I have since tested with a report showing "No results returned" and I can confirm that I am getting the same results as you. See image below:


174e4958de1c14aed9c2553535c61a21


I would suspect that this is normal behaviour and has something to do with the formatting of where the results are placed when results are returned. I will question this with my fellow support team to see if this is correct.


Regards,

Mark

photo
1

Hi Mounika,


I have since had some feedback regarding this and it would appear that this has something to do with how the error generation is handled, resulting in how the formatting appears to the error placement. I have a few more options to explore so if you please bear with me I should be able to get back to you with some further news.


Regards,

Mark

photo
1

Hi Mounika,


I just want to inform you that I have not forgot about this issue. I will begin the process of further testing this, from what we can see it looks like we could raise this as a defect, I will keep you updated.


Regards

Mark

photo
1

Hi Mounika,


I hope all is well,


I have looked into this further and played about with our SKI Team to see if I can re position the Report Summary and unfortunately I was unsuccessful with this. As explained in one of my previous posts I expect that this has something to do with how the error generation is handled, resulting in how the formatting appears to the error placement. Generally speaking we would expect to see results and not expect to see "no results returned"


I will now proceed to put this down as a Defect and have our Dev Team look into this. We can track this with the JIRA ID of YFN-6130


I hope this is ok Mounika and I look forward to your views on this.


Regards,

Mark

photo
1

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I will be awaiting your early reply.

photo
2

Hi Madhurima,


I hope all is well,


Unfortunately we have had no movement on this, but I will be keeping a close eye on this to see what happens in the upcoming future. I hope this is ok.


Regards,

Mark