Problem in displaying German Language

sukhwinder shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

Hi,

I am facing a problem in displaying Report names, Dashboard name in German Language.

Special Character in language displaying Question mark.

for example "Verkaufsübersicht" is showing "?" in between.

Images is Attached for Reference.


Regards

Sukhwinder

Best Answer
photo

Hello Sukhwinder,


I opened the file and it's in a "non-standard" encoding format - Western (Mac OS Roman)


Please try to make sure that it is set to UTF-8 and then see if that helps.


Best regards,

Pete

Comments (12)

photo
1

Hello Sukhwinder,


This sounds like either a font issue or and encoding issue.

Can you please send us the output of the following:


http://[server name]:port/info.jsp


if you know what font you are using (if it's not the system default) can you tell us, along with the encoding type if you know it.


Best regards,

Pete

photo
1

Hi Pete,

am using default font, no additional fonts have been used.

And I dont know about the encoding type.

Image if attached for reference.


And one more thing, as I am licenced user then why it is showing invalid, "Too Many Clients",

Image if attached.

photo
1

Hello Sukhwinder,


Would it be possible for you to send me a copy of your translation CSV file?


Best regards,

Pete

photo
1

Hi Pete,

Yeah! It is possible.

It is attached here.


Regards

Sukhwinder

photo
1

Hello Sukhwinder,


I opened the file and it's in a "non-standard" encoding format - Western (Mac OS Roman)


Please try to make sure that it is set to UTF-8 and then see if that helps.


Best regards,

Pete

photo
1

Hello Peter,

I have saved this file in UTF-8 format and re-import it, but same issue is coming. :(


Regards

Sukhwinder

photo
1

Hi Sukhwinder,


I'm still looking into this for you.

Can you tell me what font the system is using?


Are the characters not appearing in charts, headers of in general text?


Best regards,

Pete

photo
1

Hi Peter,

i am using Default font. I haven't uploaded any font from my side.

The font which yellowfin system is using, only that is running.


Regards

Sukhwinder

photo
1

Hi Peter,

Have you got any solution regarding this.

Actually the characters are displaying on dashboard name, report filter names etc, and I didn't used any extra font other than the yellowfin system.

Hoping for some quick reply/solutions.


Regards

Sukhwinder.

photo
1

Hello Sukhwinder,


A colleague has run into this same issue recently - I have attached a video and your original file changed to the correct format.

My colleague is sure this will work for you!


Best regards,

Pete

photo
1

Hey Peter,

Yes It worked for me :-)

Actually I was converting my file in UTF-8 in MS-Office, but now I converted my file through Notepad++,

and it worked as I wanted.

Thanks a lot Peter, It is really appreciable.


Thanks & Regards

Sukhwinder :-)

photo
1

Hi Sukhwinder,


I'm glad that's working for you!


I'll close this ticket as resolved.


Have a great day,

Pete