liquibase.exception.MigrationFailedException: Migration failed for change set com/hof/patch/db-custo

Kota, Aruna Kumari shared this question 9 months ago
Answered

Hi Team,


After the update, Catalina.out contains a further, previously unknown exception for targets 121

Please check, evaluate and ideally fix it together with us.


liquibase.exception.MigrationFailedException: Migration failed for change set com/hof/patch/db-custom-classes-changelog-7.4.xml::YFN-16466-function-to-restrict-sharing-of-private-content::peter:

Reason: liquibase.exception.UnexpectedLiquibaseException: liquibase.exception.CustomChangeException


liquibase.exception.MigrationFailedException: Migration failed for change set com/hof/patch/db-custom-classes-changelog-7.4.xml::YFN-16466-function-to-restrict-sharing-of-private-content::peter:

Reason: liquibase.exception.UnexpectedLiquibaseException: liquibase.exception.CustomChangeException


I have never seen such an exception before. If I understand it correctly, liquibase fails during a modification attempt?

Regards,

Aruna

Comments (5)

photo
1

Hi Aruna,

Thank you for reaching out to us on this issue. Can you please provide answers to the following so we can help diagnose this:

  1. Which version of Yellowfin did you start from?
  2. Which version of Yellowfin did you upgrade to?
  3. Did the upgrade complete successfully or did you see an error during the upgrade process?
  4. Did you use the exe or jar upgrade file?
  5. What is the source database for this system? SQL Server? Oracle? Postgres?
  6. Is this a client system?
  7. What is the impact of those errors? Does Yellowfin not start? Are there issues in the functioning of Yellowfin?
  8. How many systems are impacted by this?
  9. Can you please upload a copy of your logs directory to our FTP with the filename 20406.zip (ftp is found here)

Hopefully answers to the above will give us a better picture of this issue and we can try to replicate it and look to provide a fix if required.

Cheers,

Neal

photo
1

1. From 8.0.1 to 8.0.4.


2. Upgrade is success; however, after the upgrade we see those errors in catalina.out file.


3. Exe.


4. Oracle.


5. Yes, it is client machine.


6. There is no issues with this error; we have asked to ignore it; however, customer is not accepting for this stating:

Apparently a MigrationStep does not work correctly. As a non-specialist, I don't want to judge what further effects this has or could have. In every software, things work strangely or not at all. I would very much like to know from the support team what I have to be prepared regarding this error.


7. Only one System.


8. Uploaded.


Regards,

Aruna

photo
1

Hi Aruna,

Thank you for confirming those details. I have done some testing and it looks like this issue is being caused by a null value in the ACLSeqNbr column in the AccessClassList table. To resolve this, I will provide you with a query to run against the client's configuration database, and then a restart of Yellowfin will be required for the underlying task to complete. When running any queries directly against the Yellowfin Configuration Database it's possible to cause irrevocable data loss. This process isn't directly supported nor recommended unless otherwise advised to do so. Before running any queries against your Yellowfin Configuration Database, please make sure you have full, up-to-date backups of both your Yellowfin Configuration Database and your Yellowfin Installation folder. This way, if something goes wrong you can revert back to your current state.

The query to run is as follows:

UPDATE ACCESSCLASSLIST 
SET ACLSEQNBR = 0
WHERE ACLSEQNBR is NULL
Once this query completes and Yellowfin is restarted, the migration task should complete and the errors will no longer be present.

Please let me know how you go with this.

Cheers,

Neal

photo
2

Hi Neal,


After updating at DB level and restarting, the error message is indeed gone.


Can you please clarify what exactly has fixed itself now hopefully.


I ask because we have this error message in all our Dev, QA and Live environments. There have been three separate installations and the same 17 records are affected in all environments. Before we clean up production as well, I would like to know what exactly could be running differently/better/worse now.


The affected data sets can be found in the attachment


SmartRep_MigrationFailedException_DB_wrongNullValues.xlsx


Regards,

Aruna

photo
1

Hi Aruna,

After adding in those values there will be a new function that will prevent users from sharing private content with other users. This is the same as toggling the Allow Share button (in the global content settings see Admin Console->Content Settings->Report Settings->Private Reports), but it can now be assigned to individual users as a role function.

On upgrading to this build, a new function "Share Private Content" will be added and enabled on all existing Roles. This has always been default functionality, but it can now be disabled.

Please let me know if you have any further questions on this.

Cheers,

Neal