Google Analytics connector reaches API request limit

Vefa Gulecyuz shared this question 3 months ago
Answered

Hi guys, I use Google Analytics connector. But recently, it started reaching the API request limit. I am receiving the attached error.

When I check the GA website, I see that there is a 10,000 API request limit per day per profile:

https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/reporting/core/v3/limits-quotas#reporting_apis

My question is: Why did it start reaching this limit? And how do we solve this problem?

I have a data transformation step to store some of the GA data into another DB and then use it for Signals, as it is described in this blog post:

https://www.yellowfinbi.com/blog/2019/05/deploying-yellowfin-signals-google-analytics-data

Files: GA.PNG

Comments (3)

photo
1

Hi Vefa,

Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately, it is Google who sets these limits.

Have you checked towards the bottom of the Google Limits and Quotas article you've provided:

/+12e5IGHEbfDGii0kPRlBCyh6jh0vGQLJbZA5habr1pCkVTQnYLu9fOEEIIiQLtPCGkRTHLeGWiWyTzUh4G8gdnsM6Ptw2BoikhZM+hy8QYJaPwTkHRlJDdxW60M4QQQqJDO08IaVVqpUUUDsn2KYNsrgO9A4dRXC0zbEgDoWhKCCGEEEIIIYQQQgghEhRNCSGEEEIIIYQQQgghRIKiKSGEEEIIIYQQQgghhEhQNCWEEEIIIYQQQgghhBAJiqaEEEIIIYQQQgghhBAiQdGUEEIIIYQQQgghhBBCJCiaEkIIIYQQQgghhBBCiARFU0IIIYQQQgghhBBCCJGgaEoIIYQQQgghhBBCCCESFE0JIYQQQgghhBBCCCFEgqIpIYQQQgghhBBCCCGESFA0JYQQQgghhBBCCCGEEAmKpoQQQgghhBBCCCGEECLxfwDjRO7jiNXYZwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

It looks like you can check your Usage amounts and change quota-related settings from here. None of this is configured in Yellowfin, and I'm afraid I can't provide any more information than what's found in Google's documentation.

Regards, Mike

photo
1

Hi Mike, maybe I was not clear, sorry for that.

I do not expect anything regarding Google's API limits. I was wondering why this started becoming a problem. Obviously, Google Analytics connector was working fine until recently, but it started to hit this limit so I can not get Google Analytics data from the connector.

But yesterday I figured out a work-around. I learned that Google refreshes the API usage history at midnight western US timezone, which is 9 AM CET. I set the data transformation time after that time, so we do not hit the limit.


So currently, I solved my problem. But you may encounter similar questions in the future.


Regards,


Vefa

photo
1

Hi Vefa,

Interesting finding, thanks for letting us know! It's always helpful to have additional information regarding third-party connectors as they relate to issues that may affect usage within Yellowfin!

Considering this is now resolved though, I'll go ahead and close this case out, but please don't hesitate to reach out with any further questions on this or anything else.

Regards, Mike