ERROR (552): The SQL database operation failed.; ORA-00918: column ambiguously defined

Bruce Steinberg shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

First and foremost, I am sorry if this is redundant, but I cannot find anything in the community or knowledge database regarding the error I am getting. It could a design issue, but is there a recommended way to get around this problem?

I am trying to create a report that is by Company with the additional columns:

* Company

* Total number of tickets (for some defined time)

* % of the Total number

Then add additional columns

* Total Number by Pending

* % of the Total Number by Pending

*...for each status.

I am getting

ERROR (552): The SQL database operation failed.; ORA-00918: column ambiguously defined

I can add Company, Total Nmber and % of Total AND Total Number for each Company in the report, but as soon as I try to add % of Pending..I get the error.

Thanks,

Bruce S.

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for reaching us.

I found this article which you may be related to your issue.

If you don't think this is related, could you please send us the log files (yellowfin\appsever\logs) and bit more information about the fields and their datatypes in Oracle, and how the schema is built. E.g. Table A has this, Table B has this.

Also please include a screenshot if you can from within Yellowfin.

Hopefully the article helps, but if not, I'll do my best to figure this out.

Thanks,

Mahesh

photo

Hi Bruce,

Hope you are doing well.

Please let me know if you have any questions, if everything is good, I will mark this ticket as completed.

Kind Regards,

Mahesh

photo

Hi Bruce,

Hope you are doing well.

Can you please let me know if your issue is resolved or not?

Kind Regards,

Mahesh

photo

Hi Bruce,

I hope things are going well over there.

Just wanted to let you know I'll be closing this request due to inactivity. However, if you ever wanted to re-visit this or have anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Regards,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file