Co-Report Filters not filtering child reports

Aaron Morgan shared this question 1 month ago
Answered

Hi we are having an issue with our yellowfin where we have reports that are filtered by date but the co-reports are not filtering with them. they are joined on the related reports tab and show up but do not filter. any help would be appreciated.

Comments (7)

photo
1

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for reaching out to support with your issue.

We have a defect on file that sounds similar to what you're experiencing. The issue seems to relate to the the report being created using Freehand SQL. Is this the case in your situation?

If not, we'll need a bit more information to try to replicate your results here-

Could you provide the build version and date information of your affected Yellowfin instance, which you can find at <url:port>/info.jsp?

Could you also provide any relevant details of your environment and the report that we'd need to replicate, such as DB type, type of co-display used, any stored procedures or view level calculations, content and access filter security setup, SQL code etc?

Thanks,

Eric

photo
1

the report in question is not a Freehand SQL report but a drag and drop report.


i am assuming that build version= code version, ours is: 20170208

not sure what you mean by date information.

we are using an oracle database.


the report in question is a drag and drop report that is filtering using parameters pushed to filters on the co-reports. both reports are in the co report bottom section.

filters are set up using a start date parameter and an end date parameter.

report 1: looks one week back from start date parameter and gets all end dates. (this filter works fine)

report 2 first co-report: takes dates between start date and end date from linked parameters.

report 3 second co-report: looks for any start dates after the end date parameter.


it looks like the co-reports do not refresh as they don't go grey like the main report.

photo
1

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for providing these details. I was able to get a very similar report going with the Ski Team tutorial database, using start date and end date parameter filters and co-display reports.

After creating the parameters at the View level, I created my reports: the master report as well as the co-display reports needed both the parameter and the date column in the filter box, and I used advanced settings to link the parameters to the filters:


4ad161433e672a0c2e62aebd1fbba8c2 082096f7424266b06bb0a91fab3debbb


I then linked the parameter filters in the related reports section, and was able to get all 3 reports filtering based on the parameter:


ee7e5c245b287118bf27ef72f129ae91


It's not exactly the same filter setup being used, but perhaps you could verify your parameter filter setup is applied on all co-display reports? The other thing to note, this was tested in a newer version as Yellowfin 7.1 reached end-of-life quite some time ago and is no longer supported as-is. Would you be in a position to update to a newer version? There have been numerous bug fixes in the meantime, which may resolve this behavior. If this were potentially defective, unfortunately there would be no way to release a fix for your current environment.


Thanks,

Eric

photo
1

we are planning to upgrade in the future but currently it is pretty low on priority.

the filters work correctly but it seems that they aren't getting updated from the parameters or they aren't

being refreshed with the main report. we got a test report to work with tabbed co reports but the main one

is crashing Yellowfin giving a java error. i have attached a text file with the error, if we could get tabbed

working that would be great.


i found this ticket yesterday and it seems that they are having the same issue that i am in 7.4 https://community.yellowfinbi.com/topic/problem-with-co-display-reports

is there any way i can get an update on if any progress has been made on this issue?

photo
1

Hi Aaron,

Looking at the developer task from the ticket you referred to, there is one main difference I neglected in my testing needed to replicate this -

1) Create a child report and a parent report.

2) Filter from the parent report to show shared results between reports

3) Add a new piece of data to that dataset in the db

4) Click "Go" on the Filter - new entry appears in main report, but not co-display report.

5) Close and re-open parent report and run filter again - now both reports show new data.

As I was working with a static dataset when passing my parameters successfully, this could be why I wasn't experiencing the same behavior as you. It does sound like your with your parameter setup, this could indeed be applicable. Would you be able to confirm this description is accurate? If so I can add you as an affected client to the task. This is currently marked as Highest priority, so a fix should be forthcoming fairly quickly. Again, however, an upgrade would be required in order to resolve in this scenario. I'm not quite convinced we have a winner here due to the build gap and your description of the report not refreshing, but other bugfixes between versions may yield a complete resolution here.

Thanks,

Eric

photo
1

the issue with ours is not so much from the data in the database but it not filtering co reports at all. based on what i am seeing though it might just be an issue that doesn't work in our version properly but is fixed in later versions. so i think that we will wait till we have upgraded and check if the issue persists and close this ticket for now.

photo
1

Sounds like a plan, Aaron, apologies things are not working as you'd expect at this juncture. Feel welcome to re-open with a reply if you'd like to revisit this at some point.

Regards,

Eric